Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheezy acting, mostly imports, same story as that movie Point Break. One of the issues I had was that if these guys were really such serious racers why would they weigh their cars down with stereo systems and Play stations? Every pound counts in racing, that's why the Cobra R didn't come with an air conditioner. Maybe we should move this to the complaint department.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I didn't notice but I bet the charger didn't have airco!

That car almost made the film worth the cost of admission: $0.50 at the "dollar" film in Lewisville :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The ACTUAL charger used in the movie was at the LA auto show (among the others), and the charger is completely stripped. Only a drivers seat.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just saw it-what a piece of crap. Dialogue like "I need NOS" and "You can't handle NOS!" The only car I considered cool was the RX-7 driven by Vin.

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
I rented the DVD tonight. It was as hokey as any '50's/'60's Hot Rod movie. I'm not sure Hollywood will ever get the Hot Rod movie genre correct. I wasn't expecting a great movie, but I got a kick out of the dialogue. The chase/race scenes did not look realistic and they made you appreciate how well done the Bullitt chase scene was.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nasty,

The only reason the 18 Wheeler didn't crush those Civics was they had the writers on their side. :smile:

The Supra / Charger scene was cool though. I wonder who'd win in real life on the strip (A 671/871 blower on a big block Mopar with nitrous would be putting out, what 1200HP/2400HPw/N20 ? Supra, 1100HPw/N20? Power to weight?). Just guessing here, Top fuelers are putting out 6000HP...

Check out this site: $16,000 buys you a complete car that'll do 8.60 @ 160+. http://www.carsnet.com/race.htm
(was trying to find HP estimate for big block Mopar with 671/871 blower & Nitrous).

I wonder if a 471 blower will fit on a Bullitt (only $595) :wink: . See http://www.bigalstoybox.com/price.html. Wouldn't be much of a sleeper though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts