Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replaced Waterpump Serpentine Belt Pulley?

Just checking to see how many have actually replaced the waterpump belt pulley due to the belt coming off in rain or water puddles. If I remember right Ford did have some kind of a bulletin on it, I asked my Service Dept. about it a long time ago and they said the belt would have to come off before they would replace the pulley (typical B.S.) I don't drive mine in the rain intentionally, but don't want to get caught and have the belt come off and get stranded.

Anyone had issues with the belt coming off? Any body replaced the pulley on their own, if so how much does the part cost and was it very difficult to put on?

Thanks for any input.

Lee

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
never heard of this
I drove 1500 miles in two days with 80% of that being in the rain, no problems.
Not to mention the 40k miles in 2yrs :D

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
It is in the Bullitt Archive. I had mine replaced under warranty.

02-05-04
Engine 4.6L Front end accessory drive (Fead) belt slips off water pump pulley when splashed with water: Verify condition. Replace the water pump pulley and/or tensioner assembly as necessary. Refer to the TSB for details.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
ZBullitt said:
Just checking to see how many have actually replaced the lower serpentine belt pulley on the crankshaft due to the belt coming off in rain or water puddles. If I remember right Ford did have some kind of a bulletin on it, I asked my Service Dept. about it a long time ago and they said the belt would have to come off before they would replace the pulley (typical B.S.) I don't drive mine in the rain intentionally, but don't want to get caught and have the belt come off and get stranded.

Anyone had issues with the belt coming off? Any body replaced the pulley on their own, if so how much does the part cost and was it very difficult to put on?

Thanks for any input.

Lee
It is not the crank pulley, it is the waterpump pulley.

I've not had any problems.

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I had a brain fart, I forgot it was the waterpump pulley. I'm sure to catch a lot of crap on that one. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts