Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...here is the e-mail from Mr. Mark Wilson.

Collin,

Currently there is a special service message (see below) which outlines how to obtain a replacement label if yours is damaged. At this time there is not a clear label available from Ford.

SSM#15505

SOME 2001 BULLITT MUSTANG MAY HAVE THE LETTERING COME OFF THE BULLITT AUTHENTICITY STICKER THAT IS FOUND ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE SHOCK TOWER. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE USE OF CERTAIN CLEANING PRODUCTS. IF THIS DOES OCCUR OR THE STICKER IS DAMAGED IN ANY WAY, PLEASE CONTACT OUR SPECIAL SERVICE SUPPORT CENTER AT 1-800-325-5621 TO OBTAIN ONE (1) REPLACEMENT STICKER. THIS STICKER WILL NOT BE RELEASED FOR SERVICE AT A LATER DATE. THEREFORE, THIS WILL BE THE
ONLY STICKER PROVIDED. DEALER WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (VIN), BULLITT STICKER # AND REFERENCE THIS SSM # AT THIS TIME. THIS SERVICE CENTER CAN BE CONTACTED M-F 7:30AM-7:30PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) AND SAT. 8:00AM-5:00PM .

Mark Wilson
Mustang Upstream Program Mgr.

Well how about that?
Great news for those with damaged holograms!
Bad news for the cover for the holograms!
What is going on here?

Help!...Mr. T!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-08 14:41 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just called the 1-800 number...
it is a Ford dealer only line...looks
like you have to take all the info
listed above to the dealer and call from
there!

This was my conversation on the phone...

She asked me what my position was at the
dealership. I say "What? I don't work at
the dealership...I am laid off from Delta."
she then says "this is a dealer only line...
I can't talk to you anymore. Goodbye."
Click...dial tone.

What the...?!

This is HILARIOUS! :lol:
Looks like a Punch and Judy show!
At least it's keeping me busy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-08 13:22 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have e-mailed Mr. Mark Wilson
thanking him for the hologram
replacement information AND asking
him about the nonavailability of
the hologram covers.

Hopefully Ford is simply just not finished
developing the cover yet...Art Hyde's
e-mail to me did say "about ready".

Waiting for Mark's reply.

Gonna go run 5 miles...I need a break!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-08 13:51 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,152 Posts
PY, that sounds like what we went through when we tried calling VOPC to see the status on our Bullitt production. You needed a dealer # and your VIN and then you could get through. You can get your dealer # off of your dealer order number sheet and then call back and pretend you are a dealer! That's what some of us did when we couldn't get the voice activated operator to check on our status on our Bullitts! LOL

·
Registered
378 Posts
I work at a Ford dealership so I thought I would call them and get my Bullitt sticker. I called the number that was given in the SSM but no one at the service center knew what I was talking about. I am going to try and get me service manager to help me with this. Ill let yall know if I make any progress!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
What is this "developing plastic cover" bullsh*t. For god's sake, take some packing tape, cut it into an oval, and that's it. there's your friggin development Art Hyde.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Maybe they are trying to ensure that the cover won't deteriorate and/or affect the stickers. I don't want a cover that will yellow or cause additional harm to the original sticker.

Does it stipulate that FORD has to put the sticker on or how to prevent someone from getting the additional sticker and selling it. We don't need some uninformed Bullitt owners selling their additional sticker on E-Bay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts