Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

is it possible to replace the Bullitt CAI with a GT stock filter for a short time without any problems to the engine or the electronics?

Reason for this is, that the CAI "may be" illegal here in germany (although it's a stock Bullitt item, CAI are generally not allowed here...). As every car here in germany, the Bullitt will have to be inspected by a official engineer. My idea was, to replace the CAI with a GT stock unit just for the time of the inspection and un-do the change afterwards. Will that work?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as far as I know from the dealer, they somehow managed that - my guess, they indeed used a stock GT part, but I don't know for sure

·
Registered
930 Posts
It's fine - mine went through the TuV inspection with no dramas... CAI's are not illegal per se - just that home modifications which increase the NOISE and engine capacity are frowned upon.
The only problem was the Bullitt exhaust - it exceeds TuV noise levels - for that reason, the garage that did my conversion swapped over a stock GT exhaust for the import inspection, then swapped it back again...
On subsequent annual inspections (which for my car start in 2011), only the emissions are checked, not the decibel level.

Since the CAI is standard on the Bullitt, it's fine...
Most mods are OK as long as the parts are TuV compliant and the horsepower increase isn't outrageous. You can get most S/C upgrades here (Roush, Saleen, Ford racing etc) as well, through authorised dealers, who will re-submit the appropriate TuV paperwork for you as part of the conversion. You can also chip the car to increase performance.

*edit* mostly the TuV inspectors are concerned with window tints and lights - make sure you have the correct Euro-spec taillights with fogs and reverse lights in the right place and make sure you don't have US-spec HID headlamps - they're illegal here in Germany. I was told in no uncertain terms not to have them fitted, as replacement headlamps here in Germany are €700 instead of the $100-ish in the States...

Also, if you're US Military on Mil-licence plates, you should be exempt from all this unless you plan to sell the car privately here in Germany...

You're not far from Friedrichshafen, so maybe have a word with these guys:
http://exclusive-mustang-parts.de/index.html

They are an authorised Roush and FRRP dealer and also do TuV inspections and import conversions...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.