Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BULLITT In The Chamber
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you running for a serpentine belt? I figure I had better change mine since it is most likely the original. I was looking at either Motorcraft or Gates RPM. The Gates RPM is almost twice the price.

·
Registered
342 Posts
both are quality parts.
i would suggest as long as you have things apart replace the idlers and tensioner along with the belt. from my experiences once you replace the belt it adds tension to the system and things start making noises in a short time later at the worst possible moment.
maybe look at rock auto for replacement parts. surprisingly try summit racing. they sell replacement parts at very competitive prices and once you reach a certain price you get free shipping.

·
BULLITT In The Chamber
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just replaced my original one with a Gates RPM last weekend. The Motorcraft one should be fine, too. I probably didn't need the RPM one, but the car sees quite a bit of time between 5000 and 6500 rpm when it's going around or down a track.
The Gates RPM might be overkill for me, but... I'm still thinking about it.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I think I also used one from NAPA. Not sure who made it. I just keep the stock in the trunk for a backup,,,, just in case.

Did not have any issues with the stock one. It was just 10+ years old and thought it was a good idea to change it before I had issues.

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
For all I know, the motorcraft belt could have been made by Gates. I did read that the motorcraft oil filters are made by Purolator...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts