Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CASPERPONY said:
I have 555s 285/35/18s outback w/265/35/18s up front on mine & I love em.Also had them on my 95 Cobra I had a couple of years ago.Seem to hook real good for a street tire.

I agree traction is good with them.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Just as the title states I'm forced to look for other tires now. I've really had good results out of the KD's I've been running on both the Bullitt and the '04 but now I need tires. So of course I tried to stay with what I know works BUT the KD's have been discontinued. So I ask about the KDW's...yep there discontinued as well.
So I ordered a set of 315/35/17's for the rear, in hopes that she'll stick to the road as good as the KD's have.
Anyone had any horror stories with the 555's? Oh yeah they'll be in tomorrow and depending on what I hear about them will determine which car they go on. :wink:

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
need pics when you get them on!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Frankenstang said:
Not a Problem... Got the wife a new D60 and all kinds of accessories so she's taking pictures of everything. :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
I had 555s on my car with my old Steeda rims and they were very good tires for the price(285/35 18's all around). Only thing I didn't like was the softer sidewall that always made me think the air pressure was low. Switched to KDWs and like them alot more than the 555s.

I intended on sticking with BFGs but you said they are discontinued. Did hear anything about what will be replacing them?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
DSG 56 said:
I had 555s on my car with my old Steeda rims and they were very good tires for the price(285/35 18's all around). Only thing I didn't like was the softer sidewall that always made me think the air pressure was low. Switched to KDWs and like them alot more than the 555s.

I intended on sticking with BFGs but you said they are discontinued. Did hear anything about what will be replacing them?
The only line up in the 315 BFG is still making is the drag radials. I need something that is decent in the rain down here. Sure no 315 is really a good choice in the rain by no means.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I've heard Nittos run sort of narrow, but I think that was referring to the drag radial. I would be interested in seeing how the regular 555s look in the 315 size on the car compared to the BFGs. Be sure to let us know. I have the Sumi's on the rear of my car now. I'm not necessarily being good to them, but what the heck, they are cheap tires. Might consider the Nittos next time around if I like the look.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Frankenstang said:

Oh and one of the new Banner I had made. :D

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
sganow said:
I've heard Nittos run sort of narrow, but I think that was referring to the drag radial. I would be interested in seeing how the regular 555s look in the 315 size on the car compared to the BFGs. Be sure to let us know. I have the Sumi's on the rear of my car now. I'm not necessarily being good to them, but what the heck, they are cheap tires. Might consider the Nittos next time around if I like the look.
You know they are narrower! I went ahead and changed em on the wifes car they had one Nitto and one BFG on there and you can actually see the difference. I thought it was a mind trick and was all over the Nitto making sure it was the correct size but sure enough even though the sizes are the same you can see the foot print is different for sure.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Too bad Nitto doesn't understand that when you buy a wide tire, you want a wide tire. They DO look good on there though! I hope you like them. I'm sure they feel different than the BFGs did. BFGs have pretty stiff sidewalls.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Right now, new, they rail better than the BFG's. All the intersections that I used to basically drift, the Nitto's haven't slipped one bit. As far as feel, the BFG's actually rode better/softer. I feel so much more of the road with the Nitto's now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nittos

I have 555s 285/35/18s outback w/265/35/18s up front on mine & I love em.Also had them on my 95 Cobra I had a couple of years ago.Seem to hook real good for a street tire.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have the 555's 275/30/20's on mine and they get really sticky once u warm them up. In the rain they r so so but I its hard for me cuz I'm boosted with 3.90's so the rain is really not my friend no matter what tire I have...LOL

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I like those curb-cutters on that B!

Bichin'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts