Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
Could somebody advise me please what happens when we replace the tyres as they have sensitive sensors fitted. Can we just replace them with the the same size radial tyres or do they have to be the special BF Goodrich tyres specially for the 08 bullitt ? When I first picked up the car I had a warning light come up on my dash saying there was a mulfunction with the tyre pressure sensors and I had to take it back to the dealer to adjust with a special computer,it was a real pain.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
This should be posted in the 2008 Bullitt Discussion group.
The Pressure sensors at not actually part of the tire. There is a sensor strapped inside of the wheel and not attached to the actual tire itself. You can change tires and brands without having to change the sensors. What is required is the sensors have to be reset most anytime you mess with the tires. Initially this was something that dealers with the special tools had to do. The tools are now readily available to do this yourself, fairly cheaply. It is a relatively painless and quick procedure. As more and more shops get experience this will not be much more then using a tire guage to check the tire pressure. (As long as everything is working correctly. As with any computer controlled item, when it breaks it can be a pain to diagnois.)

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Mike in Spain said:
Gentlemen,
Could somebody advise me please what happens when we replace the tyres as they have sensitive sensors fitted. Can we just replace them with the the same size radial tyres or do they have to be the special BF Goodrich tyres specially for the 08 bullitt ? When I first picked up the car I had a warning light come up on my dash saying there was a mulfunction with the tyre pressure sensors and I had to take it back to the dealer to adjust with a special computer,it was a real pain.

Tyres? Your not from around here are ya? :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack DW -852
Jack, thank you for your email.I live in Spain ( I'm English ) and the Ford garages there are not that smart,so any major problem with the car it looks like I will have to go back to UK to get it fixed !! Regarding the tyres again, you mean every time I put up the pressures the tyre sensor warning light comes up on the dash,please advise.
Regards and Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
No but it takes a release of the pressure and a refill of the tire to get some systems to recognize the tire sensor and recalibrate it into the system.
Remeber the old days when you had to be smart enough to read a tire pressure gage occasionally AND check your oil just to be able to drive a car.Now the nannies that come with the car are a big pain in the azz but there to prevent lawsuits.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mike, when I picked up my Bullitt and took it for test drive, I noticed that the low tire pressure light was on. When I got back to the shop, the sales rep ran in to speak to the mechanic and was told to simply reset the info panel (as you would to reset the fuel and mileage computer). Anyway, that did the trick, after about 5 minutes of driving the light went off. Of course the tire pressure was checked, just to make sure there wasn't a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts