Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Bullittheads, let me report that the International Mustang Show at Bozeman, Montana is now over. AND, congratulations are in order to our very own twostangwmn!! She (and, by the way, MR. Two Stang) snapped up second place in the stock (99-01) category. If that doesn't impress you enough, let me tell you their competition- for example, the first place finisher was a beautiful Rousch "Stang. Also in the same category was MacStang's shiney Cobra, AND, a Saleen. Congrats, twostang. Thanks TO TWOSTANG, the Bullitts drew blood! And, I might add, there were 4 other Bullitts sitting cheek by jowl which were also mighty impressive- (from L to R)- Hoyt's DHG, yours truly's DHG, Nasty's DHG, Epperstang's DHG (and , by the way, MR. Eperstang also snapped up an award as I understand for his classic convert- congrats, Mr. Epperstang), and finally, twostang's. I think Nasty will be posting some pics upon his return home.
By special arrangement, we were able to have all five together under the banner prepared by Epperstang on the shut-down main street of Bozeman. A truly impressive sight!
Nasty and I were in turmoil as to whether we should leave out hoods up or down. The others all had popped their hoods, and Epperstnag(?) thought it would be be a good idea to leave some down so everyone could get both views, which everyone agreed was a great idea . Someone "viewer" complained because the hoods were down and therefore would NOT be receiving a vote, so we opened them. Then someone whined that "all of them were exactly the same so why did the ALL have to open the hoods". Finally, we rebelled and just shut the damn things!
Anyway, that's the Readers Digest version. A great show, the weather was excellent, twostang won a prize, and LOTS of beautiful Mustangs- Boss 302s, a Boss 429, Shelbys, the list goes on and on.
It was nice to meet you Bullittheads I have mentioned- twostang, epperstang, nasty, & hoyt. Hope to see you again.
Thanks, Hoyt, for putting on a great show!
And last, but certainly not leat, two things to mention about Nasty-
1. Nasty was kind enough to dust off my Bullitt during the show (but obviously didn't do a good enough job since I didn't win anything!- obviously I'm joking, Nasty!); AND
2. He wanted me to let all of you know that he is still alive and doing well. He is going to be cruising around the north-west USA for the next week or so ( I think!). So, he may not be posting for awhile.
Again, it was great meeting all of you. Let's plan on doing it again next year in Vancouver, and that includes all Bullittheads from far and wide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-08 19:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Congrats to you all for if anyting having a good time and being great abassadors for the Bullitt community. Especially to you Twostang for an outstanding finish.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
We arrived home a few minutes ago. We decided to spend an extra day in Yellowstone on the way home.

Vickie and Bill campaigned well and won a nice trophy for their Bullitt. Congratulations, you make us all proud.

Mike and I enjoyed meeting all the other Bullitt owners. The Bozeman club did a fabulous job on the show and all the associated events. Don (McQueen Green) was the chief honcho and boy was he busy.

Don, I know how hard it is to put on such an event. You can relax now knowing you did a terrific job!

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound. I got to drive Frank all the way to and from Bozeman approximately 900 miles! WOW, what a kick! Mike wanted to drive it too, but I don't drive his 66 convertible.

As Vickie already reported Mike won a first place for this modified 66 vert! Since he did all the work on that pony I am very proud!

Joyce

·
Registered
191 Posts
As Beamstang said, it was really cool to meet some of the Bullittheads and hang out at the show, which the Bozeman Boys and Girls did a terrific job on. The weather was perfect (I could even sit out at night in the parking lot until late, admiring cars and BS'ing with other stang fans). Nasty, thanks for taking digital pics of our cars and it sure was good to meet everybody. If any other people out there can make it to next year's show in Vancouver, B.C., you should try to make it - this one was a lot of fun. I hope to see Nasty, Beamstang, Twostang, Epperstang and (Hoytstang?) in Vancouver and others if possible. It was nice to meet everybody and see all those Bullitts lined up on main street, along with my snake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-08 19:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats to Vicki! Sounds like you all had a good time. I can't wait to see some pics.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Yes sireee, that food line was awful darn long, Bob! Why do you think Bill and I left the car show so fast--so we could be at the head of the chow line! :grin:

BTW, that Boss 302 that won Best of Show was from Spokane and a fellow Mustang Club member of ours! He also has a GT500 Shelby and a Hertz Mustang.

Great Pics Bob! Thanks

Vicki

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
oh man bob, i'm salivating!!!( and NOT at the thought of Bar-B-Que)
those are some absolutely drop dead gorgeous Mustangs....every single one!! great pics...thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Great photos Bob. Thanks for sharing them.

We did have a great time didn't we?
Many truly awesome ponies. I loved looking out our hotel room window and seeing all those beauties right there!

J.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, McQueen Green finall has a new hard drive in his computer, so I'm back! I lost my computer 1 week before the big show. It was sure nice to meet all my Bullitt friends. Thanks so much for coming. I'm sorry I didn't have more time to spend BS'ing, but that will come next year at Vancouver. A great showing of Bullitts all in a row. Thanks especially to Nasty(but pleasant) Bob for all the photos. Everyone I talked to enjoyed meeting Bob and all enjoyed seeing the Bullitts. Thanks again . Don

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Don, was wondering when you were going to surface! Great show there in Bozeman! Seemed to be very well organized. I was sorry I was not able to go up and collect my runner up trophy for Bullitt #344 but it ison a table in a room we made "just for Bullitt stuff". Just the beginning of a row of trophies I hope!

It was nice meeting you, too, and was nice talking with you when I could find you! :smile:

Vicki & Bullitt Bill

·
Registered
191 Posts
Those are great shots, Bob - I love that one you took of my snake. I think I'd like to get one of those digital cameras someday. Already looking forward to next year's international, Bozeman was great. Hope all of you Bullittheads are OK after last Tuesday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts