Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm the only Bullitt owner South of Houston, around the Galveston bay area, though I did see a black one a few weeks back with a 99 spoiler... Anyways, on with my story!

Cherry hill is a place you hear about on grand dad's lap. Fast cars, fast races, all the big money. Those stories he tells of you 70 Challengers whoopin on some Camaros or the 302 Boss going head to head with a Mach 1 just inspire you to do what he did best when he was growing up: Racing.

Now if you go there, you'd see most of Cherry hill as a deserted strand of road except the very end, where it breaks off into a lot and people are scattered all over, walking to the beach or grillin some bbq next to their vehicles. But at night, with a little magic and the roar of two cars reliving thier glorious heritage, the place comes alive.

Sometimes, you can see rows and rows of cars lined up on the hill itself, the road actually has a shoulder on the left when you are heading toward East Beach. On the hill, cars and trucks line up in a semi orderly fashion, popping hoods and trunks, bumping their steroes to their peak power or revving the motor to the sky. Here you meet Joe Black or Tom Grey who drive Camaros and Mustangs and just race because there isn't anything else to do. And you look down the road, you see two sets of headlight making a mad dash toward victory... or humiliation.

Last night was entertaining and delightful. After my full runs in Oklahoma, I thought I'd stay in town this weekend and see some friends. One guy called and said he'd be out there at around 10ish. I left for the hill around 8:30ish. People don't start showing up until about 9 so I thought I'd get a few runs in, get the car warmed up and see if the traction problem was still there (The whole area is gravel road. Pain in the ass). I meet up with fellow mustang owners and we bs about cars and other cars. One guy I went to HRP was bragging about how he did 13.9s when he couldn't even best my time of 14.3. We laughed at him then watched some cars go by, eager to race. After a friend in a 01 z-28 arrived, I saw my first victim. A 99 GT speeding by caught my eye. I suddenly had this urge to race and show him what true Mustang power was about. A friend of mine in a Mark VIII ran him and humbly bowed out when he realized he couldn't get passed him.
My turn!!! I finally catch him and we meet up. The Mark VIII wanted me so I gave him a good asswhoopin (Though odd because he can beat z-28s, he can never beat me...???). Then I flash the GT and we set up. It was a 3 honk go kinda run so I staged and gave the honks. 1...2...3
He got the jump but I just screamed pasted him as I redlined faster than I could say "oh hell". As I redlined and headed out of the hole, I waited for him before I would shift. No sooner than he got out, I shifted and blasted away from him. At around a 1/2 mile away, my friends were parked, and they said I had him by 10 cars or more. I quit at 120. We rode along the hill afterwards and he asked if I had anything done to it. I said, "it's a stock one." He shrugged, said he remembered me from talkin to a friend of his then went on his way. Kill number 1.

After being out there for 4 hours and having a discussion with a police officer, I headed back home. On the way, an ugly Trans Am reared its head. LT-1 motor, since the car was a 93-97 model. Still, it had more power than me. He made a few revving gestures as to insinuate he would whoop my ass. I blasted my music and tried to ignore it. I didn't want to race in the middle of the sea wall. After a few goes of playful gassing, I decided to heat things up. At a light near 24th street, we both eased off from the stop. I kept 1st gear a little longer so he could catch up as if to race. He decide to bolt past me. Luckly, I called his bluff and gunned it at the same time he did. We stayed neck and neck until we hit around 70. We both slowed down and he didn't want none of me afterwards. I think he went home and started doing some research on the Bullitts.

Representin the Bay Area Bullitts. USA!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Very Nice, thats the way to do it! Soon they'll fear the name "Bullitt".
--WH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts