Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to find how other Bullitts compare to my Bullitt in two areas:

1) Does your idle mostly stay at 700 RPM but will occasionally drop to 650 and then go back to 700? By occasional I mean about every 20 seconds.

2) When coming to a stop do your RPMs "hang" at 1100 RPM for a few seconds before dropping to 700 RPM?

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
yep. I can see occasional swings of +/-200 RPM sometimes at idle. Most times it's after a hard run. The 'hang' at 1100 I figured was normal, kind of like the old carburator dash pots that held idle up for a second for emissions reasons. So...is this not normal????

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes my car does the same. I felt it was normal. The RPM's stay up alittle all the time when I let off. I thought this was to help the trans match RPM's when shifting.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Mine hangs until the car comes to a complete stop. Haven't noticed any fluctuation in the idle...steady at 700 RPM.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I have to stop worrying about stuff like this and just drive the car. Every time I do a mod I get so "in tune" with car and then I begin to question...did it do that before?

John

·
Registered
959 Posts
The sustained high rpm idle until stopped is to keep the alternator charging up for the ABS motor. They want to insure adequate voltage if the ABS is engaged.

Brian

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine is sometimes at 800, other times 700. Not much in between. then again, i only have 300 miles on it, so it may just be trying to find its groove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts