Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Would you provide your comments on the following question from Scott?

"What three (3) questions would you want answered if you could talk to the 2001 Bullitt development team directly?"

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Personally I think the 2001 BULLITT is very self-explanatory. After all, I chose it over a 2003-2004 MACH I and Cobra (which means I chose it over those two nice rides TWICE !!!).

I realize the following may not be "questions", but here goes:

1. I'd like to thank him for a job well-done. Best road-trip Mustang I ever owned to date.

2. I'd also like to express how I wished he'd been let out of his cage (or returned to Ford) to do the 2008.

3. We need to thank him for MRT giving us all a club discount (if I understand his involvement correctly).

Other than that, I'm sure anything asked by anyone is valid; after all, the only stupid quesiton is the one that wasn't asked, right?

·
Registered
803 Posts
1. Why didn't you put a bigger engine in it? (lol)
2. Why didn't you put what everyone in the mustang world wanted in it? (lol)
Haha, do those questions sound familiar? I'm j/k, btw.

For real:
1. How did the whole idea come to pass?
2. Was it a challenge to get the car "right" and did you feel like you accomplished that?
3. Is there anything that was left out that you felt like should have been in the car?

:D
Korey

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
1. Why the 2001? I'm sure the development for the 05 was well under way, why not wait till 2008 and the 40th anniversary of the movie. If not well underway, they at least had some idea of the design.
2. Why the aluminum gas door?
3. Why Black and Blue?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Alot of these questions were asked at 05 Bullitt Nationals in San Francisco...I still like the one I asked his wife about the 01 Bullitt about what should have been changed and she said" The changes I thought should have done they got it right in the Mach 1...."

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
wally05 said:
1. Why didn't you put a bigger engine in it? (lol)
2. Why didn't you put what everyone in the mustang world wanted in it? (lol)
Haha, do those questions sound familiar? I'm j/k, btw.

For real:
1. How did the whole idea come to pass?
2. Was it a challenge to get the car "right" and did you feel like you accomplished that?
3. Is there anything that was left out that you felt like should have been in the car?

:D
Korey
I don't know if you have read this thread but its one of the best ones on the forum and should be required reading for all Bullittheads. I'm sure Scott could add to the story.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119027

Questions:

1. How many of the main team members for the 2001 Bullitt owned and still own a Bullitt?
2. I've heard the comment said that whatever they may have missed on the production Bullitt they were able to "get it right" with the Mach 1. Do you think that the current team may have or end up having some of the same feelings since marketing and upper management usually get the last call on the final product?
3. At Nats this year Scott had a continuous grin and proud look in his eye when speaking of the 2001 Bullitt. Has that "proud Papa" feeling lessened over the years?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Pronkie1 said:
I still like the one I asked his wife about the 01 Bullitt about what should have been changed and she said" The changes I thought should have done they got it right in the Mach 1...."
And she has 03 Mach 1 #00001! :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
1) How much of the engineering work was done by Roush on the prototype?
2) What deal was made with Warner Bros. and the McQueen estate?
3) Who's decision was it to have the red calipers?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
everyone should read Lt. Franks thread
it has answered many of the questions posted thus far

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I just cut and pasted all of Lt. Frank's text into Word. I'll need to edit it to a readable format.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I just cut and pasted all of Lt. Frank's text into Word. I'll need to edit it to a readable format.
lol
I did the same thing, but in Notepad about 2 years ago :D (didn't want it to disappear ;) , just in case). I just opened it up and updated it though. Plan to do a nice print out and highlight the best areas soon.
Maybe I'll do that real soon and just post the PDF here for everyone :)

:edit
http://www.ezekial.net/bullitt/Lt.Frank-Once_upon_a_time_11-25-2007.pdf
there you guys go
I plan to highlight it, just not sure when I will get to it :D

Bullitt 736 said:
Mine weren't. :grin:
and they're really good questions :D
not basic or the usual stuff :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just spent the last several hours enjoying that thread...
TREMENDOUS read!!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
1. Why didn't you create a hood like the 68. (Cuz it looks too much like a v6?
2. Why leave the pony in the grille. (Cuz the owner can remove it?)

3. How did you know that you would make our wildest dreams come true? (For those of us who loved Mustangs, then saw the coolest one ever on the big screen.)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine would be:

1) Why the huge, fake hood scoop?
2) Was there ever any consideration of a "wood-look" steering wheel?
3) You guys did great, a very well-balanced car that's a blast to drive!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Not Much To Ask (IMO)

Mid Life Crisis #388 said:
What got canned by the bean counters and SVT that you would have done?
Fist I'd have to start with the question;

What exactly did get canned by the bean counters?

Then I would have to ask;

What were the reasons the bean counters gave for doing so?

Regardless, it's still a GREAT MUSTANG ~ !!! :badgrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts