Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my Bullitt, and it was in an accident and repaired, so some things are not as they should be.

1st: There is no Bullitt script on the back. I ordered the script, but I need to know the proper spacing for it.

2nd: My car has a GT front bumper cover on it. How do I know? Because it has foglights. Is there any difference in the actual bumper covers from the GT to the Bullitt?

3rd: My car has the GT grill also. What are the differences in the GT and Bullitt grilles?

4th: I've noticed some cars have the GT emblems on the front fenders. Mine has the running horse emblems on them. Are the GT emblems correct?

I was confused when I went to look at the car, since it had no Bullitt script, but had the interior and engine, along with most of the outside changes, c-pillars, no wing, etc. But the front clip was obviously different. I opened the hood and found the hologram, however, the ink had been cleaned away, so I made the owner take out the back seat and found the number there. By reading a bit, I found the post about getting the new hologram from Ford, so hopefully the one for my car is still available.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Rich01Bullitt said:
I just bought my Bullitt, and it was in an accident and repaired, so some things are not as they should be.

1st: There is no Bullitt script on the back. I ordered the script, but I need to know the proper spacing for it.

2nd: My car has a GT front bumper cover on it. How do I know? Because it has foglights. Is there any difference in the actual bumper covers from the GT to the Bullitt?

3rd: My car has the GT grill also. What are the differences in the GT and Bullitt grilles?

4th: I've noticed some cars have the GT emblems on the front fenders. Mine has the running horse emblems on them. Are the GT emblems correct?

I was confused when I went to look at the car, since it had no Bullitt script, but had the interior and engine, along with most of the outside changes, c-pillars, no wing, etc. But the front clip was obviously different. I opened the hood and found the hologram, however, the ink had been cleaned away, so I made the owner take out the back seat and found the number there. By reading a bit, I found the post about getting the new hologram from Ford, so hopefully the one for my car is still available.

I dont know the exact spacing for the bullitt emblem but you do have the right bumper sounds like someone added foglights. Also the grill is about the same as a gt exept the corall around the horse is black and not chrome. On your fenders you should have the GT emblems not the horses..

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Several Bullittheads have removed the GT emblem, some filling the post holes/some not, and placed an engine displacement/different from stock GT emblem/three color bar and running pony emblem as they dispised the GT emblem on the fender.

Mach 1 grill delete kits are available on ebay and are favorite replacements pieces to the stock grill. Maybe you would like that instead of the stocker?

Just some thoughts...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Rich01Bullitt said:
1st: There is no Bullitt script on the back. I ordered the script, but I need to know the proper spacing for it..
Using calipers for measuring-

Top/bottom
1.57" up from the bottom of the panel edge to the bottom of the B and T.

Side to Side (centered)
.56 from the top of B to the left edge
.56 from the top of T to the right edge

Rich01Bullitt said:
No same bumper, someone added the fog lights

Rich01Bullitt said:
The Bullitt grill has a chrome horse with a black corral, (the ring around the horse) the GT has a chrome horse and a chrome corral

Rich01Bullitt said:
The Bullitt came with the GT emblems from the factory

You may find the Bullitt archives helpful too...
http://www.bullittarchive.com/

=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Also the 01 Bullitt sript on the truck lid is on a blue tape ribbon and that will take of the spacing and alignment, all you have to do is put in the correct spot.

My Bullitt was missing its sript and when the script was installed it was put on a little lower than normal....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts