Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,what could I expect on this afternoon! I wanted to test the DenseCharger,but the track was the worst I had seen on street radials,no hook up anywhere! My times were slower,like 14,50s at 97MPH. I know the car feels better on the road,but the track just won't let it happen. After my 2nd run,the poor guy behind me,in a mostly stock 89 Vette,got sideways in 2nd,or 3rd gear,spun it around,and buried the rear end into the concrete wall! Talk about bad luck!! I gave up after that,and hustled over to the new cruise site down the road. I took the back country roads,as I-85 N was totaly blocked up,due to a tractor trailer wreck...broken soft drink bottles,glass,all over the highway! So I can't tell much about the DenseCharger as my speeds were off also 97 vs.99.7 Maybe it is building more torque but killing a bit of power up top? I can't say due to poor track conditions. Seems like race slicks hook well but regular street tires are out to lunch.....the public roads hook better!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-07-13 22:33 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I forgot,On my last run,I had to run against a 96 or 97 Cobra. Well after we left the line,I had the jump on him with a .550 light,I was waiting for him to blow bye,but it never happened! I beat him by 4 car lengths!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
At least spanking the cobra, made up for the track, the day wasn't totally blown

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just plain SORRY that's what it is......maybe go back to street racing....ah the good ole days....20-30 yrs ago!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts