Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you depress the clutch, and the accelerator pedal fully while cranking it will not fire and instead only crank. I was weary the first time doing this but it does work (Set brake and have car in neutral for added safety). The other option would be disconnecting the fuel pump in the trunk.

I'm still working on a couple updates to mine but also looking forward to the first start of the season.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the tip. I'll use the first method.
It will be a few more days yet as we have a 24° wind chill and an inch of snow here in northern Michigan this morning.
My 2009's never been driven in the rain, let alone snow.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Will step #1 work with the 19/20 model year? An inch of snow in Western PA this morning but it looks like some warmer weather and GET THE BULLITT OUT OF STORAGE is coming soon!
ARMY TC
2020 BULLITT DHG L3166

·
Registered
52 Posts
Will step #1 work with the 19/20 model year? An inch of snow in Western PA this morning but it looks like some warmer weather and GET THE BULLITT OUT OF STORAGE is coming soon!
ARMY TC
2020 BULLITT DHG L3166
I just can't process snow in April and Bullitt in storage!!!!:cool:🌴🚤🌅

·
Registered
887 Posts
ARMY TC
2020 BULLITT DHG L3166
I never tried on my S550, but according to this thread yep same process - Clutch down, Accelerator to the floor, and press start button. Again have that parking brake on and car in neutral just in case

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again 5989. Uncovered the Bullitt Saturday. Unplugged the battery tender, pulled aluminum foil wads out of the exhaust tips, both pedals to the floor. Cranked it a few seconds to pump up the oil pressure. Released the accelerator, hit the start again and fired instantly without so much as a hiccup or pop.
Can't recall if it has a drive by wire throttle or not.
If so, I imagine there's a sensor that shuts off the fuel when the accelerator is fully depressed at startup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts