Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOOOOps. Hit Rev Limiter tonight. 2nd gear, it was I think. Really knocks the wind out of yer sails, don't it.......

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7K? It's supposed to kick in around 5800-6000. At least mine does...

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-21 06:20, Dillo Dave wrote:
7K? It's supposed to kick in around 5800-6000. At least mine does...

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Doh! I haven't hit the rev limiter yet.. but I have been trying to keep rev below 5k... trying. :smile:

I do drive with the traction control off.. I hate that thing. :smile:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well.. I have been holding mine to 4K rpm or so until I get some miles on it. Can't wait to run it up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have pounded the hell out of my rev limiter not trying to be hard on it but!!! it kicks in at 6200 and it is nice to have also thinking if the redline is 57-5800 why dose it not hit there ? and dose the computer on the engin record when the rev limiter is hit ? They made me sing something at the dealer saying it voids the warenty if I intetionaly abuse the car?? That left me with some Questions to.. And I love the traction control makes the car really driveable in the rain..

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-21 17:32, INDY#02856 wrote:
They made me sing something at the dealer saying it voids the warenty if I intetionaly abuse the car??
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
They made you sing? :wink:

They dropped my limiter to 6k with the Vortech chip, kinda sucks since I have been used to shifting at 6k with my other car.

As for the dealer reading your rev limiter history. Just like any claim they have to prove that it was something you did to cause a warranty claim. The limiter is there to keep you from doing damage from an over rev. Although I don't see how pulling fuel and causing a lean condition does this. :?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think I tapped mine the other night in fourth gear with my sister in law in the car. I was about to make the shift to 5th at about 140mph. You can feel the car cut out, sort of like a miss fire. She didn't say anything so I know she didn't feel it. So it was very suttle. I had a Dodge Dakota with the 318ci. back in 98 and felt the same way. Only the Dodge was speed limited to about 117mph. Don't plan to do that again anytime soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB00797 on 2001-10-22 18:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
448 Posts
Found mine in 1st Friday night while racing a friend. Guess I learned to watch the dials, instead of looking to see where the other car is!! Doh!! :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hit the rev limiter in 1st about 10 times. Hit it in 2nd about 3 or 4 times. Hit it 1 time in 3rd. The engine revs out quickly when I'm racing someone and I try to shift buy the sound of the engine. Duh I should be looking at the tach. But sometimes its pretty busy around and I like to watch the road.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Same here! The car is pulling so good I just don't think it's time to shift, then bang....the engine starts shutting down.

Hankster, DHG No. 2634

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2001-10-23 00:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've hit mine a bunch of times as well. Is that a bad thing? I'm so used to shifing my motorcycle around 11-12,000 (while riding in the country) that I forget sometimes. Oops!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'll bounce off mine a few times on the way to work. It's no big deal.

If the limiter was at 8k... then there would be some engine parts laying about.

Some OBDII cars WILL capture 'rev overruns'. My Audi tech usually cleared that error out every time I went for an oil change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey 1NASTYFORD I have heard that sound to.. I was showing a friend that the traction control works good. He said it sucks and he dose not like it but anyway I was turning right at a light and just stomped it T.C. kiked in and walla that cool noise it sounds awsome except your not going anywhere fast lol the times I hit the rev.limiter it just kinda bogs out with out that deep sound???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts