Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revell is producing a plastic scale model of the new Bullitts. They are not in stores yet, but I've got an order in for the first one at a local hobby shop.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Yeah, the orange/white tube. Not the lemon-y smelling stuff! :lol:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
STJonesin4 said:
Good times - sniffing model glue - Tester's orange/white tube - good times!
Believe it or not, although I did many things to catch a buzz in my youth (and much I regret to this day :frown:,) I never sniffed the glue. I built hundreds of models as a kid, so the smell is ingrained in my senses. The lemon-y smelling "safe" glue just did not hold! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I think the tires are the Conti's. At least they look similar to my eyes. I remember when all the AMT tires on any of their models were the Firestones. As a kid I figured that they must be the best tire made...at least until my mother bought a new 68 Falcon. Then I discovered what crappy tires they truly were. I put some Kelly-Springfields on ASAP!

Also, I did a mental count of all the models that I remember building as a kid. I must have been stoned all the time and didn't even know it. It comes out to being between 275 and 285. I painted everyone of them of course, and some of them were disassembled a couple of times as I modded them after building them stock. Sometimes I gave them my version of a restoration, as my skills improved. Well, they had to reflect my increased ability as well. So apart they came and a new paint job, mod parts, speed parts, whatever. I would even buy some MRT tires through the mail. One order I remember buying a dozen sets of wide tires. And another source that I had I could get the wide wheels for the tires. Of course that meant that I had to disassemble the car and radius the wheel opening, or push the fenders out to accomodate the wider tires and wheels... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I was about the same as you, David. So many paint jobs, all the details slowly disappeared. :eek: I also remember the white plastic slicks. You could glue two together and make really wide slicks! Just put some electrical tape on them and you had no seams. Big difference today. $21 bucks a model! I paid $1.44 each at Kreskies. I'd buy 5 or 6 at a time and go home for a building binge. Lock myself in my room and emerge at about 10:00 pm. The next day I wouldn't like something and apart they'd come! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
That's cool!

Revell did not produce a plastic model kit for the 2001 Bullitts that I know of.

Good to hear that one is being produced for the 2008/2009 Bullitts.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I have looked for anything 01 Bullitt, pre assembled or not. I find nothing anymore. I guess they are sold out... :indiffer:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I have looked for anything 01 Bullitt, pre assembled or not. I find nothing anymore. I guess they are sold out... :indiffer:

Keep an eye out on Ebay. I have seen '01 Bullitt models on there before when I found these:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Other than the AutoArt 1:18th scale, I'm not aware of anything else 01 Bullitt related. In fact, I want to do something similar to what I did for the awards for the Shootout last year, but I can't find any die cast Mustangs before the 2005 body style. :cry:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.