Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there were several threads in prior topics about a bra for the Bullitt. I think Ford has one and there were one or two other sources. Would someone bring us up to date on what is available - cost- fit, etc.

Thanks.

Dick
#945 dhg

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,052 Posts
bullbird: I have the Colgan bra for $99. It fits perfectly. FordBullitt also has the Colgan. Ray Ackerman and bwcobra15 have the Ford bra. I can't find the addy for the Colgan bra anymore. I am sure someone will post it for you if that is the way you want to go. We love ours. We put the BULLITT badging on the fron of ours and it looks real good!

There is a pic of mine in the Bullittproof forum under TwoStangWms's pics.
Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-07-07 11:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
I still believe StonGard is a better alternative to a bra...

http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/default.asp

Who wants to mess with taking a bra on and off every after a rain or before washing the car? Besides, the velco strips tend to wear on the paint in time.

John

·
Registered
219 Posts
TrueBlueBullitt,

How much of your car did you cover with this stuff? Did you apply it yourself?

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-07 11:31, TwoStangWmn wrote:
bullbird: I have the Colgan bra for $99. It fits perfectly. FordBullitt also has the Colgan. Ray Ackerman and bwcobra15 have the Ford bra. I can't find the addy for the Colgan bra anymore. I am sure someone will post it for you if that is the way you want to go. We love ours. We put the BULLITT badging on the fron of ours and it looks real good!

There is a pic of mine in the Bullittproof forum under TwoStangWms's pics.
Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-07-07 11:33 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Vicki, Your Bra looks Great with the Bullitt letters!
I did not install the ford bra i was not happy about drilling the hole under the hood.

I bought the Invinca-Shield. You know the clear plastic STUFF. I install the frist piece on the hood I did not like it i removed it i'm returning the Invince-Shield kit.I think the Colgan Bra looks good and gives better protection.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Bullitt196, the StoneGard kit for a Mustang GT goes for $365. Labor to have a professional installer put it on is about $385 +/- depending on how much overhead the installer has. Obviously mobile installers are cheaper. I would not recommend doing it yourself. Find an installer who has been in this business at least a year. StonGard is a one piece kit which makes it difficult to install if you don't know what you are doing. Other kits like Invinca-Shield are relief cut and go together like a puzzle. More cuts equal more opportunity for your chamios to get snagged and lift a corner. The competing products cost less because they use up to 79% less material and take less installation time. They also don't go under the hood or under the grill leaving edges exposed. It is a pay me now or pay me later proposition. Compare the warranty between products. The StonGard has a better warranty because it is a better product. It will not yellow for the life of the car. They will repair it including paint up to $1000 if you get a chip for 3 years. You would not know that my car has the product on it unless I pointed it out to you. Gee...I know you're thinking I must own stock in StonGard. I don't...I just do my research before spending this kind of money. Bottom line...I would never buy a new car that I intend to keep without putting this product on it immediately. Call the factory at 800-350-4897 and ask them to hook you up to a regional sales manager who can give you a list of authorized installers in your area.

John

Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
GT Fog Lights
MGW Knobs
Tint/Paint Protection
StonGard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-07-07 18:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-07-07 21:31 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts