Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I fianlly did it this weekend. Ever since this bike came out in December 2008 I have been combing the U.S. looking for a good used one. Finally a Yamaha dealership in my back yard had a brand new one they just wanted to get rid of, so I low balled them and got a brand new one for the price of a used one.....no miles....nice.

It is a 2008 Yamaha limited production Cadmium Yellow R6. The first production 600 class bike to break the 170mph barrier.......that's for me.

This was taken just an hour after owning so get a good look at it stock, I've already pulled off some decals I didn't like, some plastics I didn't like and those damn annoying warning stickers on it. LET THE MODS BEGIN!!

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Very nice, Greg!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Looks like a true crotch rocket.Happy motoring.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for the cool replies. I wish I could tell you what a dream it is to ride her but after my maiden voyage of 2 miles I've parked her in my friends garage where she will more than likely stay for the next 2 months or so until I get her done. It was a little intimidating as I still have my 1996 CBR 600F3 Smokin' Joes which I ride every day but it's pretty obvious there's quite a bit of a horsepower difference between the two. What a difference 12 years make!! I can't believe how much difference the fuel injection makes on an engine. I mean I know how surprised I was the first time I drove my 1989 5.0 but this bike is alllll business!

Well thanks again, I will post more pics in a month or two when I get her finished.

ROCK ON!!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Rikki Racer said:
Well I fianlly did it this weekend. Ever since this bike came out in December 2008 I have been combing the U.S. looking for a good used one. Finally a Yamaha dealership in my back yard had a brand new one they just wanted to get rid of, so I low balled them and got a brand new one for the price of a used one.....no miles....nice.

It is a 2008 Yamaha limited production Cadmium Yellow R6. The first production 600 class bike to break the 170mph barrier.......that's for me.

This was taken just an hour after owning so get a good look at it stock, I've already pulled off some decals I didn't like, some plastics I didn't like and those damn annoying warning stickers on it. LET THE MODS BEGIN!!

rikki,

Nice ride ...............

I like Yellow ..............

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey Greg,

SWEEEEET and I love the flames!!! If you get up to Northern California again on your Bike, we will have to go for a ride!!! I have my 2005 Midnight Warrior that matches the Bullitt ;-)...

AND ! I can't wait to see what you do with your bike!!!

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bud!! I've owned her for a couple weeks now and I still only have 2 miles on her!! She's all locked up tight covered in my friends garage as she undergoes the "transformtion"!! When she's done I plan on taking her EVERYWHERE!! She'll be a scereamer for sure (IF she doesn't get stolen :sad:)!

I think it's so cool your bike matches your Bullitt but I would imagine I would get kicked off IMBOC if I painted #801 yellow with black flames.....and desrvedly so! :grin:

BudACAD said:
Hey Greg,

SWEEEEET and I love the flames!!! If you get up to Northern California again on your Bike, we will have to go for a ride!!! I have my 2005 Midnight Warrior that matches the Bullitt ;-)...

AND ! I can't wait to see what you do with your bike!!!

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
922 Posts
All I can say is...AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

Sweet paint job. Are you getting your helmet painted with flames to match?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well Ben, oddly enough I bought a new black Arai helmet before I got the bike with full intentions of having my friend paint matching flames on it...GOOD CALL!!

DSG 56 said:
All I can say is...AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

Sweet paint job. Are you getting your helmet painted with flames to match?

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Dude, you're going to poke your eyeball out with that bike.

It's too fast.

Rock on.

:clap:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Cochese said:

It's too fast.

Rock on.

You're assuming he can run fast enough to get in front of the bike. :)

Rikki, post pics of your helmet when it's done.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought you knew me better then that chese of the co. There's no such thing as "too fast", there's only too slow or not fast enough.

Cochese said:

It's too fast.

Rock on.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey Greg,

Bring the bike up, I'll paint it Black with Blue and purple pearl Ghost Flames ;-)...

Seriously dude that is a SWEEET RIDE... Can't wait to see what it looks like when your done!

Thanks

Bud

1 - 19 of 19 Posts