Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone w/ larger rims in the rears?
I want to add wider for sure and maybe 18's to accomidate added HP. Wondering if anyone has accually taken any measurments to see how wide can be safely attained.
What do you think?
thx

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Saleen puts 18x10s on some of their cars without issue. I have also seen 17x11s on there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know for a fact that 17 by 11's will fit beause I e-mailed american racing wheels about my car. They said that it was a neat car and they offered me two types of wheels. One of which was 17by11. This means that you could fit 315/35/zr17 rubber inthe back. If you can't hook up with this then you have a nitro funny car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dhg1667 on 2001-11-01 23:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-01 23:25, dhg1667 wrote:
I know for a fact that 17 by 11's will fit beause I e-mailed american racing wheels about my car. They said that it was a neat car and they offered me two types of wheels. One of which was 17by11. This means that you could fit 315/35/zr17 rubber inthe back. If you can't hook up with this then you have a nitro funny car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dhg1667 on 2001-11-01 23:26 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha! I like it. Do you think that 17's or 18's would look better on our cars?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't seem to find any other sizes in the bullitt rim. Have any idea's how I can get these. I love the look and would like to keep them but need wider rims.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If traction is your problem, remember tire choice is more important. A good set of drag radials will really improve your stock wheels. If more traction is desired you should go with a smaller diameter wheel (like 15") not bigger. The taller and softer the sidewall the more the tire will grip and flex and not go up in smoke.

Of course if you want to improve your car's appearance a set of 18's would look good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: griffbl on 2001-11-02 14:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't suggest going with different size tires front to back. ABS and traction control may be very confused if you have different diameter tires. You are asking for problems. If you want better traction for drag racing get drag radials or slicks. If you more traction all around get wider rims and tires. IF it is appearance you want get wider 18" rims and lower the car. That will give you the proper spacing between the top of th tire and fender. It will also fill the fenderwell all the way out to the side of the car.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts