Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving the HUGE Mustang show last Saturday, I wound up right behind a TB Bullitt as I was pulling out of the Waterford Lakes shopping center. As we completed our left turn he got in the far right lane and I got beside him and we did the neighborly "Bullitt nod" as we were heading down Alafaya trail. Going under the overpass, I gave him a little rev, he did the same, all is good. There is something about a nice Mustang exhaust in a confined area that just sounds awesome. You guys know exactly what I am talking about.

So he is right behind me at the light and I take off normally. He jumps on it and gets within inches of my rear bumper. I get on it to put some distance between us and he does it AGAIN. I mean inches away from by rear. There is traffic in front of me so it isn't like I can get out of his way. When traffic clears, I am finally able to get over and let him by. HE SCREAMS by me and then I see him then proceed to do what nicers and sport bike riders are notorious for. He begins weaving in and out of HEAVY traffic cutting people off left and right. This is Alafaya Trail at 4:00 PM on a Saturday afternoon. Traffic is EVERYWHERE. I couldn't believe my eyes. The last reckless move he made (he literally did about 6-7 dangerous, jerky lane changes within about 3/4 of a mile) he nearly took off the rear bumper of a Toyota minivan and had to literally go off the road to prevent hitting her. This was right in front of the new Walmart on Alafaya Trail near Curry Ford Rd.

By this time I was ****ed to say the least. He turned down Curry Ford and I followed him since this was the direction I had to take to go home. I wasn't expecting to catch up to him because I was not going to drive like he was to do it, but I told myself there was going to be a confrontation if I was able to get next to him. So he is almost a 1/2 mile ahead of me when I see him turn into the Cypress Springs subdivision. Of course I pull in as well, hoping I was going to be able to call this guy out. Low and behold, what do I see but the same TB Bullitt sitting in a driveway, the drivers door open and someone inside.

I pull up and he sees me and he compliments me on my car and asks me something like "how much are you running?" - I can't remember exactly. It was obvious he thought I was there to tell him how cool he was and what a great car he was driving. I ignored his comment and told him he was driving like a complete ass hole and that innocent people travel these roads and his driving like that was inexcusable. I told him he is going to kill himeslf driving like that and that would be fine with me but if he killed someone else doing it it would be a tragedy. I went off on him for a good 3 or 4 minutes. Telling him my wife and kids travel these roads and he can kill himslef but I'll be damned if he hurt or killed someone I cared about. He was stunned that someone was calling him out like that, especially someone driving a car like his. During the course of his dressing down he must have said he was sorry about 4-5 times. His buddy was in the passenger seat and didn't even get out of the car. I don't blame him, I was on a roll.

My blood was boiling after seeing him doing that and I have to admit I felt better after chewing him out. Whether it makes a difference remains to be seen. In all reality it probably won't. People who drive like that continue to until something happens. I can only hope he doesn't always drive like that and that he was showing off for my benefit, trying to impress a fellow Bullitt owner.

Ordinarily, I would have invited him to the club because I don't think he is a member here. But true Bullittheads don't endanger innocent people. This kid (he was about 18 I would say) was a discrace to Bullitt owners everywhere. I was disgusted by what he did, I mean he was extremely lucky he didn't hit that van. I am getting ****ed off again just reliving this as I typee it out.

Does anyone in Orlando know who the kid is who owns the TB Bullitt that lives in Cypress Springs near Alafaya Trail? If so, tell him he needs to slow the **** down before he kills someone.

Rant off.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
You are THE MAN !!! However today you never know what sombody's packing so be carefull. Very proud of you though.

Last week entering 417 on the the Aloma Ave entrance a tractor trailer passed me with his horn blaring, cuts me off and is on the entry ramp passing a car on the right! Seeing the on ramp closing he cut off the car forcing it to swerve into the left lane . Luckily no one there.

After I realize this guy is NOT suffering from bad breaks but is just driving like an idiot I followed to get the plate #.

Doing 80 through the University toll plaza I fianally got the plate and company name.

At work i called FHP and reported the incident.

I then Googled the company and reported the drivers antics to a manager and informed him I will be watching his trucks every day.

When you see something - call the police and they will send the nearest car to check out the situation.They have to see these jerks in the act but it's something.

BTW near my house I punched the Bullitt from a stop and hit 50 in a 35 zone. Absolutly nobody around but for some reason my wife did not get the thrill I did.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
what an ass he give all 18yrs old that drive mustangs or any Hi-po car a bad name. i know when to get on my car and when not to. i perfer to drive slow in heavy traffic. that way give people a chance to see the car. and for the girls with the "fast and Furious" boyfriend to see what a real car looks like!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Kevin, you did the right thing. I travel that road everyday. I'll be keeping my eye out for him.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
At least he did not act bad at the car show and make all Bullitt owners look like a%%es

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well done...

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
Good job. We can only hope it will be a defining moment for him. Hopefully, his parents came outside and wanted to know why someone stopped and was obviously upset. Maybe he got it twice!!!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
DragonBullitt said:
Good job. We can only hope it will be a defining moment for him. Hopefully, his parents came outside and wanted to know why someone stopped and was obviously upset. Maybe he got it twice!!!!
Maybe it was his fathers BULLITT :scared: :lol:

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
My guess is that when he saw you as a fellow Bullitt owner, he wanted to show off. It was not a smart move to do any of that reckless driving obviously.

I suspect you made an impression, however, a person once told me "we don't change when we see the light, but only when we feel the heat."

I hope he chills out next time, for everyone's sake.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tony Alonso said:
My guess is that when he saw you as a fellow Bullitt owner, he wanted to show off. It was not a smart move to do any of that reckless driving obviously.

I suspect you made an impression, however, a person once told me "we don't change when we see the light, but only when we feel the heat."

I hope he chills out next time, for everyone's sake.
I think you are right, Tony. That was the impression I got, that he was doing it for my benefit. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

If someone would have gotten hurt (and someone almost did) I would have felt partially responsible in a weird kinda way.

If I ever see him again (and I remember what he looks like as I was chewing on him for quite a while) I will talk to him a more civilized manner about the situation and explain more calmly why he needs to drive more cautiously.

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
So you have driven here, huh?

I hate this state, I swear.
+1 AGREED.

Everytime I drive out of State, I am reminded how poorly the people here drive and what jerks they are on the road. Inconsiderate, selfish, rude, obnoxious, unaware, self serving, mindless speeding and road sign/traffic signal ignoring lunatics. And that's being nice.

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts