Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have returned from Road Atlanta. As this was the first race for the new Mustang FR500s, the first race for the Miller Cup combined with the other racing, events, celebrities (Dorsey Schroeder, Bob Bondurant), being allowed to run a few laps and much, much more, I would like to first thank Ford Performance Group for inviting us, but also a very warm Thank You to Andrew Casselberry for all his work. I did manage to take a few pictures which I will share over time. If there is something specific please let me know on this thread and Jim (who also has a copy of all the pics already) or myself will try to post if possible. Just as an FYI, I have about 360 pics and most will have to be down-sized to post. The race (for those that haven't heard) was call shortly after beginning due to accidents to the best of my knowledge all drivers involved were ok, I witnessed the first but was unable to view the second that occured immediately afterwards.

This is the new FR500s...

D

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
dwooten said:
I have returned from Road Atlanta. As this was the first race for the new Mustang FR500s, the first race for the Miller Cup combined with the other racing, events, celebrities (Dorsey Schroeder, Bob Bondurant), being allowed to run a few laps and much, much more, I would like to first thank Ford Performance Group for inviting us, but also a very warm Thank You to Andrew Casselberry for all his work. I did manage to take a few pictures which I will share over time. If there is something specific please let me know on this thread and Jim (who also has a copy of all the pics already) or myself will try to post if possible. Just as an FYI, I have about 360 pics and most will have to be down-sized to post. The race (for those that haven't heard) was call shortly after beginning due to accidents to the best of my knowledge all drivers involved were ok, I witnessed the first but was unable to view the second that occured immediately afterwards.

D
I only need one of each please :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad it was a good time!! Now, tell us some stories about this adventure!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know where to start but here goes.

I decided to take pictures from inside the car during our pace laps around the track, gave me a whole new view of the track. After a couple of turns and the speed starting to increase I decided it might not be that good of an idea. I discovered the camera had hidden under the seat while I was driving through the s'es (I need a camera with a pair!!). I will try to post a few shots of this in a couple of minutes.

D

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
dwooten said:

D
Dwight,

Reads like you had a really good time. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Glad things worked out and I see the weather must have been alright for the event as well.

Terry

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
Sounds like you had a ton of fun. Post up all the pics on Webshots and just give us a link. It will save you quite a bit of time.
Last check I was over 500 meg, not sure how long to upload.

D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Dwight,

Reads like you had a really good time. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Glad things worked out and I see the weather must have been alright for the event as well.

Terry
Weather, yes, we had some.

D

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I'm sorry I missed it!

dwooten said:

D
Hey Dwight, I'm sorry that I missed the event and the chance to meet you. It looks like it was a great time.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First FR500s out.

Group shot of some others

I will try to have more tomorrow. Got to get a little sleep before tomorrow.

D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MustangLynda said:
I only need one of each please :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad it was a good time!! Now, tell us some stories about this adventure!!
I thought this was coming. I will have you a copy out tomorrow.

D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice meeting you Dwight and Jim. I was so busy that I didn't get a chance to see the show. I just got home. It was a hard weekend.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BRUCE H said:
Nice meeting you Dwight and Jim. I was so busy that I didn't get a chance to see the show. I just got home. It was a hard weekend.
Bruce

I had a great time, it was good to meet you. PM me with your address and I will send a cd of the pics I have.

D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm just going to chime in on this thread. Had a great time at the Mitty. Only 2 Bullittheads could handle all 3 days at the event, myself and Jim from Savannah, GA. (Both `01 Bullitts) Dwight won the endurance award for the `08's, he lasted 2 days. Also a Saturday only and a Sunday only `08. James, the Saturday guy, was made famous by being selected to do some track laps for the start of the Mustang Miller Cup race. They also picked a Mach 1 and a couple of old Shelbys from the cars parked with the Performance Group. Suffering from Oldtimers, I've forgotten all their IMBOC handles. Also Bruce, aka BruceH, was there from Montreal. He was wrenching for the Patron Tequila Mazda team. Kudos to Dwooten, He knows how to travel. He came prepared, just needs to work on his endurance.:lol: Speaking of the pits, here's a snap of dwoot, Bruce and myself in that area. It turned out weird, but hey, its free.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dwight,

It was great to meet you and Jim. I enjoyed your company and conversation. I haven't had a chance to go through all of the pictures yet that you gave me, but I'm sure they are all great. I look forward to parking next to you and Jim at the next event. Take care. James

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this was the story

strange, it looks just like mine :confused: :confused:

then I meet "Aprils" cousin

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had better quit while I'm ahead.

D

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
for some reason when I click on some of the images in this post, instead of getting an enlarged view I get a message that:

RCSignals, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts