Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tell you what I see another DHG Bullitt just like mine, well I pull into the bank, where the car is parked, go through the teller window, ask about the car, no one knows who's it is, being that they were rude ticked me off, then the $#)^@#(&*[email protected](*$ curb to go out of the teller window was about 6ft too long, and WHAM! I hit my left wheels, both of them!!!!!!!!!!!! The front isn't scratched too bad, so I'm not worried. The back has a huge scar on the rim about 3 inches in length. (sigh)OHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Now I guess since it's slightly messed up I wouldn't mind being hard on it, since the 'perfect new' is gone. Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 717 on 2001-07-19 19:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
663 Posts
The first day I drove my car home I hit a bird on the freeway. About two days later I hit a squirrel that was running across the road. I had the same friend in the car both times. We both felt bad, but he made a funny comment. He said "I guess they weren't faster than your speeding Bullitt." No other wild life has since been stuck. Thank God!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
First day parking at my work, some old jerk with a white four door for some reason, found it necessary to take his rear driver door and use it as a tool to adjust my coefecient drag and to exchange paint on my right rear quarter panel by the fake scoop.
I was thinking about painting it into a bullet hole.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
How about the shop putting a dent in the fender just 1 week after taking delivery?

They weren't doing anything complicated- just detailing the car. They couldn't even to -that- right.

Dent in front of the GT emblem pass side, buckled the top of the fender.

They took the blame, but the car will be out of my hands for a week.

·
Registered
223 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-20 02:26, Green Bullitt wrote:
The first day I drove my car home I hit a bird on the freeway. About two days later I hit a squirrel that was running across the road. I had the same friend in the car both times. We both felt bad, but he made a funny comment. He said "I guess they weren't faster than your speeding Bullitt." No other wild life has since been stuck. Thank God!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Green

I was drinking water when I read your post. Thanks I needed to wash my monitor.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Green, don't let the fine folks at PETA find out! -LOL

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've steamed off a little over the wheel. It just drives me nuts that the car can't be left alone by forgein objects or other people. I've had worse luck with having hazards in the road with my Bullitt then in my entire driving career. The curb, probably hazard 1000 was the first to get me.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Heh, picked mine up on Thursday ~7 hours away from home. Since then it seems like every other vehicle buzzes me as they pass. If I'm backing up in a parking lot there's guaranteed to be some oblivious a-hole behind me either sitting in my path for no real reason or flying up to take out one of my rear quarters. All of this is admittedly probably all in my head, but it sure feels that way!!

Joe

·
Registered
280 Posts
Rumor has it that Steve was just driving his Bullitt around San Francisco minding his own business and this black Mopar kept banging into his Bullitt. Once would be bad enough, but he got hit a few times in just 12 short minutes! Talk about bad luck.

So I guess if you want an authentic Bullitt, a few bumps would be in order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts