Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I can start making some mods towards getting 3307 ready for some track days. I want to get the H&R springs, but I do not know if the Super Sports will make it too low for the track and I should just stick with the Race Springs. I do not think there is that much difference in the spring rates, but is it enough to make a big difference in the handling? Going to do shocks, CC plates, bumpsteer, control arms, subframes and all that stuff very soon. Also, rotors, pads, and a set of 17 x 9 wheels on down the road. My goal is to upgrade everything, from engine to clutch to transmission to do track stuff and turn 3307 into a track/garage queen now that I do not drive her everday. Any input on any of these things will be most appreciated.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
If you are going to track your car and want the widest range of adjustments go coil over (at least in the front). You will be able to get a much greater wheel rate than with a conventional spring and not lose a ton of ride quality.

If that's not an option, I would choose a high spring rate over a super low spring. These front suspensions have rising rate camber so as your suspension compresses you will lose camber (and contact patch). High spring rates will help with that a bit. The lower you go the greater this is affected.

7,020 Posts
Maximum Motorsports # 1

NCSt8man aka Chris, call Maximum Motorsports @ 1(800)839-0928 ask for Jason Jacques he will help you pick what you need to get DHG 3307 Road Racing feaver dialed-in.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

Maximum Motorsports has it all they are #1 the leader in street / full-race Mustang suspension equipment and set-up. DHG 1005 is equiped with Miximum Grip-Box but you might ask Jason about the MM Road & Track Box ... 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords with Motor Trend confirmed the amazing handling ability of R/T package.

Chris you can do this but do it right and enjoy DHG 3307 many Track Days !

on your six ... DHG 1005

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
/\/\/\ What he said I have the same setup.

But I also have the H&R SS on my wifes car for regular street driving and there r not all that low as long as u keep the ISO in.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. Michael, I think you could make the yellow mustang club just from the underside of your Bullitt. Makes me jealous. That is what I want to work toward. I will call and see what they suggest. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You can also check with MM about the MM Road and Track Springs I use (made by H&R)- 800 front / 300 rear

A Panhard bar is also a great edition to a set of springs and shocks

View my Garage for more information-

Not quiet Michael's set up, but I find my way around the track just fine ;)

=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
FordFan said:
You can also check with MM about the MM Road and Track Springs I use (made by H&R)- 800 front / 300 rear

A Panhard bar is also a great edition to a set of springs and shocks

View my Garage for more information-

Not quiet Michael's set up, but I find my way around the track just fine ;)

=-=-=-=-=-=-
Where did you get the "BULLITT" decal for the windshield??? I want one, but have not seen them anywhere...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On in 60 seconds Ebay store has them for about 20 bucks

7,020 Posts
we all need something to work towards !

NCSt8man aka Chris, you might be right DHG 1005 yellow MM suspension might have gotten me into the yellow mustang club but my 2005 screaming yellow mustang worked just fine. It's V6 auto w/my BULLITT wheels and yellow lettered Goodyear ties is my got get parts for DHG 1005 / daily driver.

please call anytime (619)725-6489 w
I can help you get a discount @ Maximum Motorsports.

on your six ... DHG 1005

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Michael. I just got some new street tires and rims, so I am looking at this summer starting with maybe the MM Starter box. That way I can get the race springs, isolators,shocks and struts, CC plates and pinion snubber and go from there, maybe some full length subframes.

I will take you up on that call, may wait until I get to that point this summer, but I appreciate the offer.

How do you guys feel about the bumpsteer and ball joints? Worth it, or go with panhard and control arms, etc.???

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I would take the car out first, before the mods, and get a feel for it stock.
As you make changes, you have a baseline.

I have now been out 3 times, and mine is just about stock.

The only things you may want to do is get better pads and GOOD fresh brake fluid.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
TRUEBLUE3934 said:
Where did you get the "BULLITT" decal for the windshield??? I want one, but have not seen them anywhere...
I purchased 2 of them off ebay 3 years back, don't remember from who but I believe mine streach across the windshield further then the "On in 60 seconds" version.

Ezekial said:
I would take the car out first, before the mods, and get a feel for it stock.
As you make changes, you have a baseline..
Great advice!!!

=-=-=--

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
NCSt8man1999 said:
How do you guys feel about the bumpsteer and ball joints? Worth it, or go with panhard and control arms, etc.???

Thanks again guys.
Bumpsteer kits address an issue some cars have. If you do not have bumpsteer then it's a waste of money. Your alignment shop can measure this and tell you how bad it is. The ball joints are interesting, in theory they should work. I've never heard any direct feedback on them though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the FL Subframe connectors, LCA's, Panhard Bar and a few goodies on the front as well. All these changes so far have made a tremendous difference especially on the track. This spring I have a torque arm, H&R Super Race springs(front), specific rate springs(rear), CC Plates and Bilsteins. This was all recommended after talking to MM, so we will see what things are like after they are installed. I will wait to see about the bumpsteer kit.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have H&R Super Sport Springs+Tokico Shocks/Struts(out of a Mach1)+Steeda Caster Camber Plates+Steeda Bump Steer kit+MM Full Length Subframes and do not have any rubbing issues. The bump steer kit made a huge difference in the ride and response of the car in corners.

·
Registered
258 Posts
there's lots of good suggestions here. i was just going to add that i've tried both the H&R SS and the H&R Race Springs (these were in combo with the 2 spring rate versions of the MM torque arm springs). i found the softer springs were actually harsher on the street than the race springs. if you can go coilovers, that's obviously best, but for regular springs the race springs were better all around for me. better for street driving (keep in mind either are much harsher than stock though), and much better on a track or autocross course.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I appreciate all the input and help guys. As always, plenty of people to share their experiences.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts