Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post this up, some of you may be interested. Just got back last week from a road trip in the Bullitt. The car did very well. My girlfriend and I drove from Ft worth, TX to Zanesville, OH. We spent a week there visiting her family, and doing the typical tourist thing. Put in a couple hundred miles driving around there, and then drove back home a week later, stopping to see some of my family in Nashville, TN. The car had nary a hickup, and made the trip very comfortably. After everything was said and done, put around 2300 miles on the car in a week. I washed the car as soon as we got there (drove in almost 600 miles of rain!) and again as soon as we got home, and she looks as good as ever. A couple things worth noting:

1) Even on straight highway driving we drove straight through, no stops), the computer fuel mileage computer is about 1MPG off. Best tank showed 27.6 on the computer, when hand calculated that tank was 26.4. Lowest tank was about 23, with an average of 24.5. Not bad for a V-8 muscle car with a short rear-end averaging 75MPH.

2) I would not make that same trip in my previous 01 Mustang. I could not have handled the squeeks, rattles, and terrible handling of the new edge SN-95.

3) I also would not make the trip without a) sattelite radio, and b) an IPOD.

4) I have found everything wrong with the car that there is. It will be going in later this week for a noisy rear-end when turning, and a rattle in the back glass. No biggie.

All in all I was very impressed. To comfortably take a cross-country trip in a rear drive V-8 Ameriecan made muscle car is saying a lot.:smile:

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Brian_3V_4493 said:
1) Even on straight highway driving we drove straight through, no stops), the computer fuel mileage computer is about 1MPG off. Best tank showed 27.6 on the computer, when hand calculated that tank was 26.4. Lowest tank was about 23, with an average of 24.5. Not bad for a V-8 muscle car with a short rear-end averaging 75MPH.

I saw about the same on the way to and from Nats

2) I would not make that same trip in my previous 01 Mustang. I could not have handled the squeeks, rattles, and terrible handling of the new edge SN-95.

Must not have been a Bullitt :smile:

3) I also would not make the trip without a) sattelite radio, and b) an IPOD.

Does make it nice.

All in all I was very impressed. To comfortably take a cross-country trip in a rear drive V-8 Ameriecan made muscle car is saying a lot.:smile:

I agree.
Comments above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts