Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a local paper devote a hole page on a street says it all. when i was going to eastern michigan last yr our school paper wrote about a street that had so many pot holes, that the university was going to have to take action or the people who had to drive to class everyday were going to take emu to court. michigan has some of the worst weather and the worst people in charge at who, what, where, when a road needs to be fixed and redone..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
I have to agree with you bullittkid.
I grew up in Michigan (and even went to Eastern Michigan for a year or so) and I can attest to the fact that Michigan roads suck!!!

One of the best things about living in Florida now is the roads. There is no freeze-thaw to speak of so potholes are pretty much non-existent.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,360 Posts
ROFLMAO Danny!!!!
i read recently where Missouri came in near the bottom the the list of 50 states with the poorest quality roads and highways!!
...must be ever vigilant!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
I must agree with you on the Mich. roads. I used to live in Detroit. Especially in that area, the roads are terrible. Although Illinois roads are pretty close to being as bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,362 Posts
From a trucker's perspective,

Pennsylvania has to be the worst!

Illinois, Michigan, California and Louisiana rate right along behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
You forgot New York, Nasty. Having lived in Indiana & Illinois most of my life, I can say with surety that NY's roads just plain suck.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-18 10:52, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
From a trucker's perspective,

Pennsylvania has to be the worst!

Illinois, Michigan, California and Louisiana rate right along behind.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-18 11:59, rancorkeeper wrote:
You forgot New York, Nasty. Having lived in Indiana & Illinois most of my life, I can say with surety that NY's roads just plain suck.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I was only in New York once. I came in across the Cross Bronx Expressway, over the GWB to the LIE. You're right, pretty damn bad roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,593 Posts
I think just about all American roads suck! We Americans have several things to be proud of but our roads can't be counted amung them.

I don't buy into the freeze-thaw theory either. If the roads are built properly the first time this is not an issue.

While living in northern Europe I could drive 2 hours in amost any direction and would never see a pothole. It there was one it would be patched that day! and the road crews didn't start working on it until the middle of the night (low traffic). The hiways had banked corners. They were made of a type of material that allowed you to drive behind someone in a hard rain at 80mph with no visibility or hydroplaning<sp> problems!

Why are the roads so much better in The Netherlands??? Because my income tax rate was 50% and sales tax was 17.5% and the police used traffic camera to generate further revenue.

So you can have $1/Gal gas, huge cars with huge engines, crappy roads, and low taxes.. or you can have $4.50/Gal gas, small cars that scream, incredible roads built for speed, and incredible taxes.

I'm still struggling with this decision ;-)


BTW the small cars that scream from above.. I am refering to these cars that aren't sold in America:

Audi S3
VW GTI 4-Motion 6-speed
Alfa Romeo GTV
Ford Focus RS(226hp stock!)
VW Passat (AWD 275hp stock! 6-speed)




<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-18 12:59 ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
The roads are pretty bad here in Canada as well. The worst by far is Saskatchewan. If you drive into a pot hole, you lose cell phone reception until you come out the other side. They are so bad that when it rains, the pot holes fill with water and they have named the pot holes after major lakes in the world (i.e. Lake Erie). I guess if the people want better roads, they should be prepared to pay the price to have them and that is the real problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I say nyc sucks the worst you cant even go the speed limit because your tires bounce so bad you cant stop.I drive truck coast to coast since 1989, now im not saying there the only ones with bad roads, I just think nyc takes the cake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
See in BC, we pay outrageous taxes so that when a dip in the road appears, they repave the entire surrounding 3 miles of road. We have nice roads...however, Vancouver is expanding so rapidly and the govt has no clue what 'more than 2 lanes' means. They like putting stoplights on the freeway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,988 Posts
Pennsylvania's roads seemed pretty bad. Florida has good and bad. Drive out of Orlando into Lake county and they can get pretty bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,593 Posts
The Big Sur Coast Highway, California Route 1 from Carmel to San Luis Obispo County line, follows 72 miles (116 kilometers) of the most spectacular shoreline along the Pacific Coast. Views include rugged canyons and steep cliffs, granite shorelines, sea lions and other marine life, windswept cypress trees, and majestic




Yeah I ripped this off another site :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-18 13:55 ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-18 12:56, llama_boy wrote:
I think just about all American roads suck! We Americans have several things to be proud of but our roads can't be counted amung them.

I don't buy into the freeze-thaw theory either. If the roads are built properly the first time this is not an issue.

While living in northern Europe I could drive 2 hours in amost any direction and would never see a pothole. It there was one it would be patched that day! and the road crews didn't start working on it until the middle of the night (low traffic). The hiways had banked corners. They were made of a type of material that allowed you to drive behind someone in a hard rain at 80mph with no visibility or hydroplaning<sp> problems!

Why are the roads so much better in The Netherlands??? Because my income tax rate was 50% and sales tax was 17.5% and the police used traffic camera to generate further revenue.

So you can have $1/Gal gas, huge cars with huge engines, crappy roads, and low taxes.. or you can have $4.50/Gal gas, small cars that scream, incredible roads built for speed, and incredible taxes.

I'm still struggling with this decision :wink:


BTW the small cars that scream from above.. I am refering to these cars that aren't sold in America:

Audi S3
VW GTI 4-Motion 6-speed
Alfa Romeo GTV
Ford Focus RS(226hp stock!)
VW Passat (AWD 275hp stock! 6-speed)




<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-18 12:59 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

What countries in Europe do you mean? Spain, Portugal, Italy and a little bit of France have pretty bad roads, except the main ones which are ok. However, Germany, The Netherlands like you mention have awesome roads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,593 Posts
Yep northern Europe has good roads and southern Europe has both bad drivers and roads. More specifically; Portugal, Spain, Italy, Southern France, South Western Switzerland, most of Czech republic and all of Slovak Republic have pretty poor roads. Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, and most of Northern France have good roads, with The Netherlands in my opinion being the best. Prolly help that a 1/3 of the country is perfectly flat and under sea level :wink: The UK seems to be a mixed bag, kinda like the US.. both extremes.

I have yet to see a decent road in South or Central America. Asia and Australia have escaped my travel so far so I can't comment.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top