Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Son, Robert, and his Girlfriend were very lucky today when his '98 Jeep TJ (Wrangler) rolled over. They were both wearing their seat belts and that coupled with the windshield frame holding and the factory roll cage was the only thing that saved them from injury. This happened in Manuels, Newfoundland, Canada.

It was a slow roll over and that is the reason that the windshield frame actually held up in place.

They were making a slow U-Turn and somehow his Locker (for off-roading) kicked in and caused the Jeep to just roll over!

He will rebuild it. It is only body sheet metal damage. He actually drove it around the storage yard that it was towed to and all is OK mechanically. That is good cause he has a LOT of Money into it as you can see.

I am going to get him to install a Aftermarket Roll Cage in it when he rebuilds it for better safety in case something like this happens again in the future. The rebuild will be a good Project for him over this coming Winter!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
He needs to either lower the Jeep or put wider tires on it to lower the center of gravity. Glad that everyone is OK!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Lower that thing before he flips it again!

Kid down the street from me had flipped hers. Slow turn just like your sons'. She has brain damage and will forever wear splints on her legs and sets off metal detectors at the airport from all the metal plates in her body. She had a Jeep Wrangler looked just like your sons.

Gald everyone is OK this time.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I agree with DaveMidgley's comment about think safety first. Probably sounds parental but that is the point I am making. I don't intend any offense but that vehicle looks really dangerous.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Well, My Son Robert is here in Texas now for his visit and I just could not send him back to Canada without having a car to drive. We went out and got this RIDE for him today:

1998 BMW 323IS Coupe.

One of his friends is flying down from Canada to make the drive back with him.
When he gets home he will sell the remains of the Jeep to someone that has already made an offer. He will Drive this bimmer in the Summer up there and drive another old sh*tbox he has for the winter, saving this one in a heated garage!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Great choice. Beautiful and safe.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Bimmer?:doubt: Great choice to replace the Jeep!!! He'll be SO MUCH SAFER! We can always replace the cars, but not the kids. I love Jeeps, but they aren't much on safety when it comes to driving on the roads. Bimmers, yeah we've had a few.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts