Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a firends L for a ride yesterday. First off I would like to say it is one nice truck!!
I found the Roots supercharger to be annoyingly loud at WOT,"I would still but one I like the truck!!"
Question,Does a vortech sound the same as a Roots supercharger? Or does it have more of a Turbo sound? (Turbos kind of whistle)

Thanks....

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2002-01-06 14:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
from what i know, the Vortechs have a "Super-Quiet" technology, not like the ATI's or Paxtons, which u can tell when someone has a SC..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not all roots style superchargers are loud. A friend of mine put a Ford Motorsport Supercharger on his 96 T-Bird and it's very quite. Barely noticable even when you open up the hood too. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing one from Motorsport for ours for a long time.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Paliach I was just on the Vortech web site the Super Quiet feature is very nice!!

Bullitt4542, I was real surprised at who loud the roots was on the L. Very quiet at idle, I would not like a roots for our Bullitts the intake is one of the nicest features of the Bullitt.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-06 19:46, h1resq wrote:
Vortechs have a nice whine at idle. Just like any SC.

Vortech and Paxton...same thing now!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks, What about at WOT is it just a high picth whine?

·
Registered
176 Posts
My Vortech SC is very quit. If I try, I can hear it at the lower rpms with the windows down & the Mach 460 off. The only time I'm reminded of it is in an enclosed parking garage. Then you can hear the propellor spinning; it sounds like a small jet engine until you feather the accelerator pedal and the Bullitt's exhaust sound dominates.

So far, the Vortech SC seems more like a factory install rather than a bolt-on. Also, the satin finish (several hundred dollars cheaper than the polished) matches our alum. intake well. Hope this helps.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-06 20:17, mrudy wrote:
My Vortech SC is very quit. If I try, I can hear it at the lower rpms with the windows down & the Mach 460 off. The only time I'm reminded of it is in an enclosed parking garage. Then you can hear the propellor spinning; it sounds like a small jet engine until you feather the accelerator pedal and the Bullitt's exhaust sound dominates.

So far, the Vortech SC seems more like a factory install rather than a bolt-on. Also, the satin finish (several hundred dollars cheaper than the polished) matches our alum. intake well. Hope this helps.

It definately Helps!! The Vortech sure looks clean under the hood.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I had an SQ-trim on my Saleen, it was VERY quiet. At the road track all you heard was the exhaust coming down the front straight. My Bullitt has a standard S-trim, now coming down the front straight all you hear is blower whine. The difference in sound between the 2 is night and day.

Vortech and Paxton did merge their cpmpanies, but they still sell very different blowers. I have a feeling that in the future this may not be the case.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i love the sound of a blower screamming by me, like in a lightning. one tried to race me I turned hime down

·
Registered
137 Posts
People tell me my car sounds like an airplane when I drive by! I like the whining sound at boost levels, but did not like the "rock grinding" sound of the V-1 blowers. There have been a few V-2s that have put on cars and trucks that when the hood is closed you can not even tell there is a supercharger under there. I got a "SQ", because all my other cars and trucks have had the noisy blower. As for Vortech and Paxton being the same now, we have separate products, such as the gears, gearcase, and gearcase cover. Even the impeller nut is different. I don't think that the product will ever be identical in that it is the same except for the serial tag on the gearcase.
-Steve

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2002-01-07 15:43, Forced wrote:
People tell me my car sounds like an airplane when I drive by! I like the whining sound at boost levels, but did not like the "rock grinding" sound of the V-1 blowers. There have been a few V-2s that have put on cars and trucks that when the hood is closed you can not even tell there is a supercharger under there. I got a "SQ", because all my other cars and trucks have had the noisy blower. As for Vortech and Paxton being the same now, we have separate products, such as the gears, gearcase, and gearcase cover. Even the impeller nut is different. I don't think that the product will ever be identical in that it is the same except for the serial tag on the gearcase.
-Steve

You hit the ROCK on the head!!!! :-B It sounds just like a "Rock Grinder"!! I'm leaning towards the SQ intercooled Vortech. Fordspeed.com is working on a price quote for me,if the price is right i'll have it installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts