Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed Showa and installed the Forced Air Performance kit this weekend. Just finished the first road test. It briefly made 8 pounds of boost, no leaks no issues.
The intake/blow-off valve are noticeable but the SC is very quiet. Does not like traction control. It is a tight fit but no big issues with the install using normal garage tools. Need a couple hundred miles on it and roads not covered with sand and grid, plus it snowed today so conditions were not ideal.

Heath Besner at FAP was helpful and available. They are selling the satin kits for $4700 - pick your own fuel booster, I installed a KB boost a pump for $200 vs $700 for a GT 500 fuel pump and they e-mailed me a tune for my predator.

Couple pics in my garage but not too much to see, Showa has an old post with other pics and his dyno results. Someone else here is going to be doing the same thing soon.

I'd say that's about it for my mods, the car still looks pretty stealth except for the GT 500 take off and tires and is stupid fast. My goal was to attract minimum attention and make the car approximately as fast and well handling as a new Vette or GT 500 - for a lot less money. Its still a Bullitt and I think Steve would approve.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Picture man pictures . We need to know what it looks like under the hood . Lots of picture and videos yeah videos thats the ticket. Sounds like a great mod 8 pounds boost sounds like a safe number for the stock internals.Good luck .Happy motoring.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first ford said:
Picture man pictures . We need to know what it looks like under the hood . Lots of picture and videos yeah videos thats the ticket. Sounds like a great mod 8 pounds boost sounds like a safe number for the stock internals.Good luck .Happy motoring.
Look in my IMBOC garage.

Search Rotrex and find SHOWA's old post with pics and dyno sheets.

There is not much more to see - it isn't pretty that's why I like it.

I guess my digital camera will record with sound, I'll try that but I'll be on vacation for a while.

·
Registered
969 Posts
congrats chet! been a while coming. glad you have your bullitt rolling down the road the way you like it. i like the rotrex unit for the bullitt for the reasons you mentioned above. the rotrex looks like a state of the art set up that would be very dependable. and i'd say steve would approve! for sure!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are going to love it, the power is so smooth and feels endless. Keep us updated.

Showa

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
CVA said:
I followed Showa and installed the Forced Air Performance kit this weekend. Just finished the first road test. It briefly made 8 pounds of boost, no leaks no issues.
The intake/blow-off valve are noticeable but the SC is very quiet. Does not like traction control. It is a tight fit but no big issues with the install using normal garage tools. Need a couple hundred miles on it and roads not covered with sand and grid, plus it snowed today so conditions were not ideal.

Heath Besner at FAP was helpful and available. They are selling the satin kits for $4700 - pick your own fuel booster, I installed a KB boost a pump for $200 vs $700 for a GT 500 fuel pump and they e-mailed me a tune for my predator.

Couple pics in my garage but not too much to see, Showa has an old post with other pics and his dyno results. Someone else here is going to be doing the same thing soon.

I'd say that's about it for my mods, the car still looks pretty stealth except for the GT 500 take off and tires and is stupid fast. My goal was to attract minimum attention and make the car approximately as fast and well handling as a new Vette or GT 500 - for a lot less money. Its still a Bullitt and I think Steve would approve.
Chet,

Sounds like a nice choice in Blowers .........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran it on the dyno a couple weeks ago got 475 hp and 415 TQ on the first run and 468 hp and 405 TQ on the second. Left it there with 11.3 A/F ratio as that's all the power I want in the stock engine. I have a pdf of the second run but am apparently too dumb to post it!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
CVA said:
I ran it on the dyno a couple weeks ago got 475 hp and 415 TQ on the first run and 468 hp and 405 TQ on the second. Left it there with 11.3 A/F ratio as that's all the power I want in the stock engine. I have a pdf of the second run but am apparently too dumb to post it!
Chet,

That is some serious numbers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Chet you've created a monster.Great numbers.Happy motoring and be careful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts