Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Bullitt on Feb. 25, 2008. At 71 miles, car shut down, went into hobble mode, and died. Tow truck, to the shop. Two weeks later, armed with a shiny new powertrain control module, I hit the street again. At 84 miles... hobble mode. There I sit. Tow truck, to the shop. Design engineer flies in from Detroit. One week later, finds pinched wire leading from throttle body to powertrain control module. At 134 miles, I learn the cruise control doesn't work at all. Glitch in computer. Not a good start, but now all is well and I have managed to rack up 324 miles. Whoopee! :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow.
Sorry for your troubles.
I'm happy to report that my Bullitt ( later build, than yours, # 2678 ) has been perfect for 1.5 months and 1500 miles.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. Picked mine up April 26 and so far nothing but fun.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Picked up my new Bullitt on Feb. 25, 2008. At 71 miles, car shut down, went into hobble mode, and died. Tow truck, to the shop. Two weeks later, armed with a shiny new powertrain control module, I hit the street again. At 84 miles... hobble mode. There I sit. Tow truck, to the shop. Design engineer flies in from Detroit. One week later, finds pinched wire leading from throttle body to powertrain control module. At 134 miles, I learn the cruise control doesn't work at all. Glitch in computer. Not a good start, but now all is well and I have managed to rack up 324 miles. Whoopee! :lol:
That engineer was probably a little miffed that someone did the easy thing the first time and just replaced the PCM instead of finding that pinched wire.

·
40,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still standing...

RCSignals said:
That engineer was probably a little miffed that someone did the easy thing the first time and just replaced the PCM instead of finding that pinched wire.
Hi RC,
Well, the service tech is still working there, but I'm sure he got an earful. I was on the verge of swapping out even for a Calf. Special Convertible (and came frightfully close to doing just that), but hung in with the Bullitt at the last minute. The Shop manager confided that it would've been a terrible move, reminding me how "that Calf. Special isn't HALF the car of the Bullitt. Whew. :redface:

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Hi RC,
Well, the service tech is still working there, but I'm sure he got an earful. I was on the verge of swapping out even for a Calf. Special Convertible (and came frightfully close to doing just that), but hung in with the Bullitt at the last minute. The Shop manager confided that it would've been a terrible move, reminding me how "that Calf. Special isn't HALF the car of the Bullitt. Whew. :redface:

:lol: True, I just hope the CS guys don't read this :lol:

·
40,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EE-GADS! :eek: I might've stirred up a HORNET'S NEST!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RCSignals said:
:lol: True, I just hope the CS guys don't read this :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Almost 3,000 miles and everything is peachy (has to be because I live in GA :wink:). I'm sorry to hear that you got the statistical lemon; hopefully that was the last of your issues.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how something so simple can create so much havoc. Fortunately the symptoms were were worse than the actual problem and someone was sharp enough to nail it down. Hope you're finally able to enjoy your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.