Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Bullitheads! I recently saw on a web article that Roush played a role in designing the Bullitt. Is this true? And if so how much were they involved?

·
Registered
835 Posts
They made the original prototype(s). Ford took that work and selected parts from their current vendors to take advantage of their economy of scale. That's why we have 17" wheels instead of 18", no rear spoiler, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-08-30 22:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw pictures of that prototype. It's too bad that car didn't turn out to be the production car. It had a really cool steering wheel, different bumper and a functional hood scoop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Roush designed all the different interior and exterior body pieces. And I believe had a part in the engine calibration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well now I can say that I have a Roush and a Bullitt

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes all the above is true about the Roush involvement, in fact they are very involved in a lot more of the automotive industry then people realize.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I contacted Roush about getting their stage III front bumper, but was told they only sell the bumper from the stage II. Does anyone know of an after market company that might carry that bumper. This is the only exterior modification that I think would be worthwhile. I know some may think this is sacrilege, but if you haven't seen the bumper I'm talking about go to the Roush Performance website and check out their stage III screensaver.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Unless they have changed their policy I doubt you will find a Stage III front bumper anywhere other than Roush and unless you own a Stage III or have a very good connection at Roush you won't be able to get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts