Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '20 has 4500 km on it. I find this problem a little worrying. See photo of door strap, the thing that keeps the door from going out too far.I don't know if this would be a warranty thing or not.
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Vehicle door Auto part

Automotive tire Reptile Snake Scaled reptile Rim
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Vehicle door Auto part
Automotive tire Reptile Snake Scaled reptile Rim

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Don't cost anything to ask!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at mine today when I washed the car - they don't look anything like yours. Mine look like they're painted or coated with something. Yours look like they forgot to treat them and they have oxidation on them. Do you live somewhere where there's road salt in the winter? Do both lefts and rights look the same?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car has not been driven in the winter. Yes, both sides the same. I'm surprised not more folks have looked at this.
I looked at mine again. They don't even seem to be metal - they seem to be a hard bakelite type material - something that won't rust or oxidize. Perhaps there was a material substitution along the way after Ford realized some were looking like yours. I'd have thought this topic would have gotten wider press too.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Have you talked w/ your dealer on warranty fix yet? That's probably what everyone's waiting for...

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update...took car to ford today. Surprisingly, they said this is covered by the bumper to bumper 3 year warranty! Parts have been ordered. Hope they come before warranty expires!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts