Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bullitt is an everyday car and I plan to use it in the winter. Unfortunately salt is used on the roads, so I'd like to get my car protected. What do you all recomend Rustproofing it or Oil spraying it every year.

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Good question...don't really know what is
best. I have sprayed WD-40 on non-painted
undercarriage components, this is very
lightweight though, so it may not last.
My DHG 3875 is a weekend/fair weather car
so for day to day winter driving in salt
and snow maybe rust proofing might be best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm going to store mine but I did get this new electronic device for rustproofing thru the dealer and they guarantee all body panels for rust thru for life. And no messy oil or gunk all over everything. Its called an E.C.C. (electronic corrosion control). If you want more info I can try to scan the brochure and email it to you.

Canadian Bullitt

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I rustproof at Krown. There is a great shop in Richmond Hill I go to. If you don't want holes drilled they won't. I had my 95 Ragtop done by them and all they had to do was drill 2 holes one in each door. These were hidden by the weather stripping. I'm going next week to have my car done. It's been on the road a week and I've washed it twice already. I need my rustproofing. We have more salt than snow right now in Toronto.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Krown is real good for rust prevention. One product we use around here for small machine or touch-ups is Fluid Film. Comes in a spray can as well as 4L (1 gal) cans. Inhibits rust and is very heavy so it doesn't wipe or wear off quickly. The label claims that it has capillary action so it wil wick into hard to reach areas. I;'ve used it extensively on my ATV for 4 years, and after being exposed to about everything in nature (including sea water) there is no rust on the bike.

·
Registered
109 Posts
blackdog or rpmdds,

Does this Krown product Fluid Film which comes in a can work on chassis rust proofing - I have been looking for an oil type spray that you can spray on the under side chassis to prevent rust proofing.

If this works can you give me an idea where I can purchase some - One note - I live in Wisconsin and it appears that Krown is only in Canada. Maybe I can call Krown directly?

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts