Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have #02547 DHG Bullitt. I bought the car with a full exhaust job(big plus)and 4.10's, and a shaker hood scoop, other that that its a comepletly stock car. I went to wichita dyno (here in wichita) and hopped on the chassi dyno. My car posted 261rwhp. I'm kind of underwhelmed to say the least. I've read in the Bullitt archives that the Bullitt has a revised HP numbers of 275. Now I understand that with the paracitic loss (drive/valvetrain power loss) that the rwhp will drop. My question is; would 261rwhp be right on or dead wrong for the mods that are on their?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went back today to purchase a SCT3 tunner. Should I get one with tunes or have it dyno tuned. The guy that runs the dyno (Chris) said that I'm running real rich (like I was runnig a power adder),and that is one of the reasons that I'm not seeing better rwhp. Would a pre-loaded tunner, or a dyno tune be better?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Dyno numbers vary so much that they really are worthless for comparing different cars. What they are good for is making sure that your A/F is safe, and if done on the same dyno, for comparing before and after numbers on the same car.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Say no to "can tunes". Get the Dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Hey Javier, comparing to some others in the dyno section with just exhaust you turned some really good numbers. I'd take it back to get a custom dyno tune and I bet you'll pick up even more.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure it will. I ordered a SCT3 tuner, and will be getting a custom tune in the next couple of weeks. I'll post the numbers, and hopefully I will be happy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
First off...don't put too much stock in dyno #'s... They vary from day to day, shop to shop.

Second, if you got 261rwhp with just an exhaust consider yourself lucky! Unless the shops dyno was out of cal, those are great numbers for what you have.

Third, I'm going to go against the grain of the previous posters and say "no" to a custom dyno-tune session UNLESS you plan to make major mods (power adder, cams, headwork). The tunes that come in the Predators and Xcal's are pretty decent. Can a custom tune improve on these? Sure...but now you're looking at spending $$$ for a tune session to pickup "maybe" 5-10rwhp over the handheld tuner.

-Tim
DHG #4681 545rwhp/540tq stock sun visor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts