Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the a dyno drag strip today for Dyno Drag. I didn't take the Bullitt I wanted to see what the MACH1 had in it. Here's the best numbers for some of the cars there, thought you all would be interested.

Mustang Dyno
98 Formula LS1, Mods; lid, Shorty headers, High flow Cats, Bora after cat
13.13 at 105.9

69 Camero Z28 with built 454 unsure of Mods
13.17 at 104
Note: almost blew up the big block, engine missing, and leaking some fluid after runs

94 GT mustang vert 5.0, Mods; Supercharger, NOZ.
12.70 at 107

Nisson 240ZX, Mods; turbo, Noz, exhaust work Note; Between shifts would blow fire out exhaust and a loud pop almost like a gun shot
13.34 at 109

Supera (older car unsure of year) Mods unknown
14.66 at 95.24

My 73 Mach1 351C Mods, 2bbl 351C with performer intake 4bbl, 600 holly, Malloy electrionic ingition, Idsky Cam, headers, C6 shift kit and 2800 stall, 3:89 rear gear
14.51 at 97.1

As you can see my MACH1 was second from slowest. But I was still happy with Mid 14 sec car. The heavist car there at 3800 lbs, no smoke, no leakage, no miss, no popps. Just ran great, ALL MY HANDY WORK, and considering the other cars, Mine is a show car.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not too shabby JimmyRay, as you state that is a lot of weight to pull. Wish I still had my '71 w/351C.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right, I haven't tryed re-jetting the carb or even trying a larger Carb or advancing the timing. I also thought about a weeker secondry spring also. I fact I haven't done any thing except, mixures, setting timing and idle speed, so your right I haven't even tuned it. Just set it for best running around town. The reason I haven't messed with is;
After I get done with Kay's 67 FB I what to go under the workbench and rebuild the 72 351CJ Motor with 4BBL heads, 4 bolt mains, with 10 to 1 compression(30 over), with a good single plane intake manfold, roller cam, and larger dia headers and add a H pipe to my exhaust.
I already have the drive line set up with the C6, shift kit, 2800 stall and 3:89 rear for some serious play.
SH%T I forgot, I need 31 axles and N case and the POSI spool.
The poor BF Goodrichs Radal TA's mostly do a lot of smoking.
Then We'll try drag racing it again.....
Would be kind off nice to make horse power the old way, ALL ON THE MOTOR!
P.S. Run was done with the org dual inlet aircleaner, filter is K&N

67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2002-01-22 21:00 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Oooooh,sounds like you have all the good ol' go parts to build that Cleveland! I run the 3.89 gear in the 9 inch,in my 85 LX. I run the Detroit Locker in that. I also have a never used 31 spline PowerTrax Unit,like a locker,that I was going to use for an extra 3rd member. If you are intrested,it is for sale.You can use it in an open 4 pinion differential,which I have also. $250.00 would take it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jimmey Ray where did you go to do this?Ihave been looking for a shop with a dyno that could custom burn a chip for all my mods .I missed your last mustang meeting but that thur. it snowed . Did see your picture in the paper you star you.You guys do great things for the charitys. #4902,BORIS

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mus408, yes I'm interested but I need to wait about a month or 2 I'm busy spending big bucks on Kay's 67.
Big Dog, The speed shop we went to works on race cars only. So he doesn't do that kind of stuff. Have you talked to Performance Umlimited. That picture was missed up I'm the guy on the right (Fat one) not the one in the middle.
We also had the make up meeting the following Thursaday. We are having our next meeting on 7 Feb. hope to see you there.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At Cavalier Ford on Military Highway in Cheaspeake, 7:30pm. Thinking of coming?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts