Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at some numbers from dynos if dealers installing after market parts etc. I noticed most show a 75-85 hp loss between the flywhell and the ground. Does this seem a little high to anyone...say 10-15 hp or so? How does one get the flywheel power on a dyno anyways....just a guess I take it?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Well, maybe an auto loses 17% or so, but definitely not a manual.

You also have to remember that all dyno's are differently. It's difficult to compare two cars from different dynos.

Mustang Dyno's (a type of dyno, not a mustang car) are typically 2-5% lower than the typical dynojet dyno. This is because the Mustang dyno makes a calculation based on the vehicles inputted weight.

If you're concerned about the car's power matching that of what is advertised, one need only look at the trap speeds of our drag racing brethren. Edmunds has it listed at 13.7 @ 103 mph, which is a bit high compared to others, but close to this one I found:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-17590.html

Using those numbers and the published weight of 3517 lbs, you get 324.612 break hp from ET's, and 382.944 break hp from mph. That makes 270.51 rwhp from ET's, and 319.12 rwhp from MPH.

Seems like the stock car is making the advertised hp to me....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts