Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,680 Posts
I believe the S650 version of the Mach 1 is the Dark Horse model. I suspect you have perused the technical specifications already, but if not, you'll see it's quite similar. Probably the biggest addition to the options list is the carbon fiber wheel option, which will basically provide all of the main track technologies that are on the S550 Mach 1 and Shelby GT350/GT500. I think Dark Horse is meant to serve in a similar role as the current Mach 1, so I wonder if we will even see such a model in this generation.

I am interested to see what a S650 Bullitt would look like, but I wonder if there's enough marketing support for a fourth iteration since the S650 is very targeted at the younger crowd. I suppose we shall see!

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was a big believer in there being an S550 Bullitt made when many said they wouldn't bring the name back. With the S650, I'm less sure. Watching the new generation reveal I really thought they would bring back the Boss name for the high performance model, after all it would be about 10 years since the last Boss. Instead they went with a completely new name in "Dark Horse".

·
Premium Member
18,439 Posts
ICE powered cars are going to be available for longer than any of us will live. To replace the ICE motor fleet will take over 100 years of battery production and over 400 years battery production to power the nation with stored electric energy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'm not sure about another BULLITT. The generation who knew BULLITT and the movie is getting smaller each day. I'm not sure where FORD is headed. The DARK HORSE is about as exciting as watching paint dry. It's a GT with an emblem. Many changes coming...most I don't like!
DARK HORSE? OMG!
ARMY TC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts