Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In case you haven't heard Eric Medlen succumbed to complications from a closed head injury four days after his drag racing Funny Car crashed during routine testing at Gainesville (Fla.) Raceway this past Friday, March 23rd. Words can't express my sadness about this exceptional young man.
I've been a drag racing fan for many, many years and to lose one of its most promising stars... well it just saddens me to no end. I was fortunate enough to meet Eric Medlen 2 years ago at Sears Point Raceway during the FRAM Autolite NHRA Nats. He signed a pic for me and shook my hand. He always had a smile on his face and you could tell that he really loved the sport of drag racing. I truly will miss him.
God Be With You Eric.

Eric Medlen

August 13, 1973 - March 23, 2007

You Will Be Missed - But Never Forgotten!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
John Force Racing will not race in Houston this weekend

·
Registered
14 Posts
I met Eric and his dad at SEMA two years ago...they shook our hands, signed some stuff and talked to us for like 20 minuets...great guys, Car guys, I am just empty inside, they treated us like we were VIP's God speed Eric...you will be missed on many levels.
Johnny

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Very sad event indeed.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
From what I read,a tire failed at speed,sending the car head on into the guard rail. This kind of thing can happen to any class of race car,street cars too! You never know,even with the best prepared cars,what can happen. Plus with loose type drag suspensions,and soft sidewall slicks,it makes it difficult to recover from sudden high speed corrections.
I lost a friend of mine,some years ago,on a 1/8 mile run in a 9 sec. car,when something broke and the car flipped and road the guard rail,as his harness failed,ejecting him halfway out of the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts