Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hate so say it all...I will miss the Cameros and Firebirds. I am a ford fan and a loyal Mustang driver, but I did like those cars. It will be sad to only see mustangs out there. It will take away from the friendly comraderie (sp?) that I had had with lots of guys over the years. Bragging about who's car was better. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have co-workers who own those trailer trash, cousin lovin, cigarette smokin, generic beer drinkin, dirtbag cars!

Man, am I going to miss them.

The CatSmasher

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was just feeling all misty eyed about the demise of the F body the other day! I traded one for my Bullitt (smart move). I had a genuine love/hate relationship with my '99 Camaro SS; everyone lauds the power of the LS1 engine; I never felt mine was all that fast. IF it was faster than my Bullitt, than only marginally so. Frankly, I don't like racing other Mustangs, but with the lousy build quality of the Camaro/Firebird, the car deserved to be put out to pasture. Knowing GM, they'll probably bring back the Camaro/Firebird nameplate on a front drive GrandAm chassis in 2 or 3 years! My real dilemna; the Chevy dealer gave me this really nice Bow-Tie Jacket when I got my SS. I don't think the Ford folks are going to give me one and it's getting cold outside!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
My buddy who is a state trooper just got a new 2001 Z w/LS1 engine. NO we haven't run them yet. Here's a pic. BTY Lt. Bullitt, my first car was a 1971 Ranchero GT w/ 351-C 2V. Hell of a car and boy would it run. Saw it's for sale again but I just can't aford it right now or else it would be mine again.

Cam

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Chilli, that's one sweet Ranchero! Hate to say it, but my '77 has been getting neglected lately; spending too much time with my Bullitt! Mine is a bit anemic what with no engine mods on that 351 2V Windsor. By 1977, the Ranchero had gotten to be a really BIG car (or truck, or whatever!) I'll have to try and upload a pic or 2 onto my picture link. You friends Z is indeed a pretty car. About the only thing a miss on my old Z is the trunk/hatch. It was a lot easier to mash groceries and stuff in and out of.

·
Registered
229 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-22 13:24, BlastofaBullitt wrote:
That news sucks for all American car enthusiasts. It's sad that a rivalry like Ford vs. Chevy, Mustang vs. Camaro, will not continue.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
very true!!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The Camaro will be back... Then we'll have a bigger problem on our hands....

The Corvette and Camaro. Can't wait for the challenge!!!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Chillie
Great looking truck. Long time ago in a state far far away, I had a 70 Ranchero 429 CJ RAMAIR, factory Tack, 4spd, staggered shocks, N case 3:00 gear pos.... Top it off it was Squire.... Thats right it had all the above and woodgrain sides.... GOD DAMN am I a dumn a$$ for letting it get away.
Your old truck brought back good times, for me dude thanks for shareing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Los... unless I'm mistaken, that looks like Rick Hunter's VF-1S next to your Bullitt! :grin: The Invid didn't arrive 'til much later!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
LOL> Someone remembers the greatest cartoon ever made. THANK YOU!!!! Well, I consider the F-bodies to be the Invid swine. You see so many of them!

:smile: Aye, in one message board, I am RICK HUNTER. :smile:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Remember...? Heck, playing the RPG got me through the lunch hour of most of high school! LOL :grin:

The pic is so small that at first I thought it was a J since I couldn't see the 4 head lasers!

You into any other anime?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts