Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was not easy, at not as easy as I thought it would be, but we did trade 1880 for the Lightnig today.
we got to keep both vehicles since Saturday and got to rethink the whole idea, and to reflect on life without 2 Bullitts. The Lightning is a fun vehicle to drive, but the Bullitt has its own image and almost a personality. So this trade seemed to be alot harder than I first thought it would be.
1880 left with her head held high, the Lightning did "spank" her, but we lost with dignity, stayed up until third and then the Lightning slowly pulled away. What a rush!
We still Have 702 in the garage and the thrill will always be there. As you all know, there is just something about driving a Bullitt!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds great! I was hoping that you had bought a 2001 Lightning but I see it is a 2000. My best wishes go out to you. Have fun with the defective intercoolers. Keep an eye on that intercooler resevoir. As soon as it goes down, take it in and get it replaced. This is an issue on both 99 and 2000 models.

A great truck to drive but I just had some rotten luck with mine.

Paul G.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul, Thanks for the heads up on the intercoolers. It is fun to drive, maybe we now have the best of both worlds, a Bullitt and a Lightning.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm askin again cause I didn't get a response before. Where in IL did you trade 1880 off at and what color was it? I am lookin at possibly replacing mine. Enquiring minds want to know!! BTW....congrats on the Lightning. SVT is producing great vehicles on a regular basis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-10-11 23:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lok N Lod,
I thought that I had sent you an email.
Bullitt 1880 is at Lincoln Trail Ford-Mercury, Marshall, IL 217-826-2346.
Located 1.1 miles south of Interstate 70 on Illinois State Route 1. 90 miles west of Indianapolis.
They also have #4571, New, Black with the Mach 460 sound system.
Ask for Jack Davidson, tell him you heard about the Bullitts here and I get credit for the sale. No I do not work for them, just a good customer. They have had the Black one sold twice, but no one has showed up with the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts