Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I was reading the latest Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, and they had an article on the Saleen Computer Flash. I need someone to explain to me what this would do, and if it would be worth the time and effort. The only mods I have planned (and this is dreaming because I only make minimum wage) is some computer work and the aluminum driveshaft. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have read 2 articles on this little mod to date and I have to say I am unimpressed. For one they are saying that the horsepower gains are minimal. You could probably gain the same thing by having a custom superchip burnt to maximize on running premium fuel. Second of all I am to understand that this isn't like a chip you can disconnect for warranty purposes you actually have your computer reflashed by saleen. Like I said, 1 it isn't something you can undo if you want to take it into the shop for warranty work and don't want it to void the warranty. 2, your car is gonna be down for the period of time it takes you to mail the ECU, them to reflash it, and then mail it back. Just doesn't seem like a mod that is worth the time and money for such minimal gains. I would recommend sooner that you get a superchip custom burnt. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree with Lok-n-Lod. Another drawback to consider is future upgrades that require a custom program unless done by Saleen will require that the processor come out again to be read by the chip tuner. Save your money on this one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
On 2001-08-16 01:24, Falaffel wrote:
Howdy! I was reading the latest Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, and they had an article on the Saleen Computer Flash. I need someone to explain to me what this would do, and if it would be worth the time and effort. The only mods I have planned (and this is dreaming because I only make minimum wage) is some computer work and the aluminum driveshaft. I really appreciate it.

THE SALEEN COMPUTER FLASH IS A COMPUTER, YOUR COMPUTER.
YOU TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR CAR, OVERNIGHT IT TO
SALEEN.
"WITHIN 1 OR 2 DAYS" THEY SEND IT BACK TO YOU.
I READ A FEW ARTICLES, NOT VERY IMPRESSED!!
I HAD A SUPERCHIP ON MY 1998 GT, IT MADE A
BIG DIFFERENCE.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i too have heard that for a NEWER mustang the results are not worth the money.
o LOT of Mustang enthusiasts and racers use Paul's High Performance for a custiom burned chip. there are several people here (Roushraven & Mus408) that have used him!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have heard of couple of people that got one. After the dyno they only came up with 1 hp and 2 trq. Everyone that I asked about this has returned it and said don't waste your money. Never buy anthing for the computer that doesn't have someone custom tuning it for your car.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
well said!!!
hey crusher, how have you been?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts