Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Pat Haney today from HANEYMOTORSPORT about a group buy on the SALEEN composite hood with the reverse scoops, just like the REAL BULLITT. All we is ten buyers and we'll get 10 percent off. If we get alot more buyers in, I'll try to get a little more off the price. Well that's the deal. Let know who's interested.

TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
can they make them in different colors,
say true blue to match my #04291 ???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys Just thought I'd jump in and say I will start the ball rolling with only 5 Bullitt Club Members that are interested in this Group Buy. The hoods come unpainted and with all nessessary hardware. Shipping is buy freight. I can give exact freight cost if you give BULLITTHEAD BERZERKER your Zip code.

Pat Haney
FOB Saleen Performance Irvine,Ca

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haneymotorsport on 2001-11-17 00:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
count me in, zip is 22724 i need to know the price thoough to the penny do I can send the check to my pops as i am inroute to the middle east

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Think hard on this one friends
I have seen tons of these hoods with cracks in them
I looked at a silver 00 S281 that had one & the guy at perfomanceautosport told me that most did look bad
& also the thing is like $900 or more right
I want the Steeda Cobra R from Santa

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks for the info, I was really just trying to find out a price of the hood. I don't think I will buy one anytime soon, later on is possible. $900 that's pretty steep, then you have to pay to get it painted and installed, sheesh!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The cost of the Composite Hoods from Saleen are $799.99. Your discount is $80.00. Balance = $719.99 + S&H FOB Saleen Performance Irvine, Ca. I surely don't believe A TON of Saleen owners would accept Cracks in there hoods. I am on the Saleen Web site daily for the past 3 years and have not heard of this compliant. These are not an off the wall knock off hood. They are direct from Saleen.

Pat Haney
HTTP://WWW.HANEYMOTORSPORT.COM
TOLL FREE 866.997-3991
[email protected]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haneymotorsport on 2001-11-18 19:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that don't know what the SALEEN hood looks like I have included an image below....nice huh!! And for those that do know what it looks like just imagine the on your BULLITT..DARK HIGHLAND GREEN, TRUE BLUE OR BLACK. Definitely retro to the the '68 from the movie. NICE!!! All we need is five buyers..If your interested give Pat Haney from HANEYMOTORSPORT your zip code so that he can quote you an exact amount. And the code BULLITTHEAD BERZERKER..

TAKE IT EASY!!!--talk to you soon

·
Registered
25 Posts
I talked to Carlos Moran from Saleen aftermarket parts this morning. We discused the composit hood and Cracks. He stated that the only way to harm the hood is to push it down while closing with you two hands. The proper way to close the hood is to bring it down to within 1'foot of the latch and let it go. This will avoid any possiblity of cracking a composit hood.

I have one on my car. In three years of closing it the right way ( and some times the wrong way.) I have no CRACKS!!

Hope this helps

Pat Haney

·
Registered
140 Posts
What is the material of the stock hood? Will the Saleen hood hold up as well over a period of time?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts