Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen one of these?

While browsing through one of the Local Ford dealers I saw several nice "cars", this was one of them.

It was listed as having 400hp on the sticker, and a price of $60K.

Saleen Parnelli Jones Mustang Limited Edition:
  • 302ci 3-valve v8 engine.
  • 370 hp at 6000 rpm and 370 lbs./ft. tq at 4000 rpm.
  • Forged pistons, rods, and crankshaft make this high-compression, high-revving Mustang stand out from the herd!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Yes sir, saleen is producing 500 of them and they are almost all gone. 60k is abit steep i think but i DO like that motor. It is a very sharp looking car I think.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Parnelli Jones

Our Mustang club was lucky to be chosen to take some of our cars to a dealership just out of town and display them out front and some of them were displayed inside 3 years ago. Our Cobra R was one of the Mustangs chosen to be inside. (We have since sold the R :cry: ) Here is a pic of Parnelli Jones-in the middle- with his racing partner to his right, George Fullmer and Bill to Parnelli's left by the R.

And here are the 2 Boss 302's that were on display with our Club's Mustangs:

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Nice looking car.

Will Ford ever learn that there is a big market for a "forged internals" option for V8 Mustangs? Other than the GT500, this is the only current model with forged internals, isn't it?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Were those the authentic race prepped cars from years ago Vicki? If they aren't, they are certainly good clones!
Those are indeed THE race cars that Parenlli and his partner George drove back then. They now have new owners. (Wonder how much they sold for?) :eek: The new owners shipped them there to be with PJ and GF.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Those are indeed THE race cars that Parenlli and his partner George drove back then. They now have new owners. (Wonder how much they sold for?) :eek: The new owners shipped them there to be with PJ and GF.
Right! Jones and Fullmer... ;-)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Nice pics Vicki,

PJ/Saleen #331 is here in Portland,OR at Landmark Ford for only 63k, a bit to rich for me.

·
Registered
663 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Our Mustang club was lucky to be chosen to take some of our cars to a dealership just out of town and display them out front and some of them were displayed inside 3 years ago. Our Cobra R was one of the Mustangs chosen to be inside. (We have since sold the R :cry: ) Here is a pic of Parnelli Jones-in the middle- with his racing partner to his right, George Fullmer and Bill to Parnelli's left by the R.

And here are the 2 Boss 302's that were on display with our Club's Mustangs:
WOW!! Great pics!! Two of Fords all time racing legends.. and their cars! Wow!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Vicki Was Kind Enough To Get My Boss 302 Jacket And Pix From My Original Boss 302 Autographed By Parnelli.... He Even Remembered ''borrowing'' My Boss In Bridgehampton To Test The Track Out Many Years Ago....lol Right Vicki? Wink Wink

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Yep, that's right Mark! I remember standing in line with your Boss jacket (very cool, BTW) and your IMBOC shirt for Parnelli to sign. I had asked him if he remembered a young fella who's Boss he drove in Bridgehampton and that it was his jacket he was signing. He gave a big smile and said, "Yes I do remember." (He actually said how much of a smart a$$ you were.) :lol: j/k

Here is the interior of George Follmer's #16 car:

Pic of Parnelli signing Mark's IMBOC shirt:

Mark's signed Boss Jacket:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
those were some great days...... and he was right ... i was a smart arse... yet he took MY car , a car he had never been in before and ran seconds faster then MY best time .... great guy then and now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts