Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here try one on the Bullitt or other 99-04 GT? Only problem,I see, is a note on possible pulley to hood clearence issue. Looks like a very dependable kit,with no fuel pump upgrade needed, for 350-400 HP.
Looking for rock solid dependability, 350-400 HP,which is plenty.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
For $100 less, you can go with a Kenne Bell. They are rock solid and dependable. You get everything you need except a set of plugs (<$20), and you can be certain to get 380-400hp right out of the box with a stock motor. Also, no interference with the hood. Just my $.02 as I have no experience with Saleen.
Bruce

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree with the above statement on the Kenne Bell. Twin screw blowers are more efficient and you'll have more room to grow if you want to with the Kenne Bell over the Saleen. IMO, the Saleen is a waste of money if you can get a KB for the same price if not cheaper.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ditto, the Saleen and Roush kits are high priced and there are better blowers for the $$.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure there are cheaper blower setups that will provide more capacity than the Roush,Saleens and such. But for my HP target,which is very conservative,I want OEM type durability first over any additional power.
I had read about some blower seal issues on several KB units. One guy had to send his back for a leaking oil seal issue,within a month.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
waste of money and you'll be lucky to get 350 out of it

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If we are talking 350 RWHP,that is plenty for a happy long life Bullitt 2V engine.
I'm in the,"what if" thinking right now. I certainly don't have the budget to build another 2V engine should something go south,with a blower setup,which it often does.
350 RWHP,would make any '01 Bullitt owner happy,especially one over 50!
What ever setup, has to be anvil like in long term durability.
I prefer the Eaton style setup for less pulley alignment/belt throwing issues.
Hey,I'm just doing some HP dreaming here!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
BlkBullitt4655 said:
350RWHP out of a procharger? why would i be lucky to hit that mark? wouldnt i make at least 400rwhp with a procharger and front mount?
I was reffering to the Saleen blower, with an intercooled procharger you'd be right around 380-400 depending on what model, supporting mods, and how aggressively its tuned.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Mus408 said:
If we are talking 350 RWHP,that is plenty for a happy long life Bullitt 2V engine.
I'm in the,"what if" thinking right now. I certainly don't have the budget to build another 2V engine should something go south,with a blower setup,which it often does.
350 RWHP,would make any '01 Bullitt owner happy,especially one over 50!
What ever setup, has to be anvil like in long term durability.
I prefer the Eaton style setup for less pulley alignment/belt throwing issues.
Hey,I'm just doing some HP dreaming here!
What may not be a bad idea is getting a stock eaton off and 03/04 cobra. I've seen them done before and usually make decent power, but you'll have "stock" durability and driveability which seems to be your main concern. Also it would be very cost effective

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have thought of that. But wouldn't you need a custom built intake manifold to mount the blower,not that it would be too much to build. I also would use the Cobra fuel system...twin pump setup.

·
Registered
543 Posts
TheCat033 said:
What may not be a bad idea is getting a stock eaton off and 03/04 cobra. I've seen them done before and usually make decent power, but you'll have "stock" durability and driveability which seems to be your main concern. Also it would be very cost effective

You are on the ball, my friend. :wink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
TheCat033 said:
I was reffering to the Saleen blower, with an intercooled procharger you'd be right around 380-400 depending on what model, supporting mods, and how aggressively its tuned.
oh my bad, i was about to get upset at the mustang shop guy for telln me that this blower is gonna put me into 400rwhp.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Mus408 said:
I have thought of that. But wouldn't you need a custom built intake manifold to mount the blower,not that it would be too much to build. I also would use the Cobra fuel system...twin pump setup.
They make an adapter to make it work, I know of a bunch of GT's out there running stock eatons, infact there is a guy on here with a 5.4 navi motor in his Bullitt that runs a stock eaton set-up......Let me ask a friend of mine, he used to have an eaton on his 02 GT, he may still have some of the parts or even the whole set-up

·
Registered
591 Posts
You will get stock reliability out of a vortec or procharger with a good dyno tune and conservative power goals. I made 365 rwhp with a conservative tune and had no probs for about 25K miles, all as a daily driver. That was with just the basic V2-SQ kit and an x-pipe. It wouldn't have blown up if I wasn't being ummmm... irresponsible with applicaton of the gas pedal one night... And that was without a cooler on the blower.

I never had any pulley issues, and it never ate up or threw off a belt.

There are a lot of guys on here with as many or more miles on vortec's with 0 issues. Its all about getting the right tune. Don't rule the centri's out!

And that is for about 2K less than the Roush/Saleen blowers.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TheCat033 said:

I found the company that sells the 03/04 Cobra blower to '99-'04 Mustang GT.
Tork Teck You can also get the complete kit with a Magnuson blower. However,you have to cut two holes in your hood for blower case and pulley clearence,which is covered by a stock looking,but 5 inch longer Bullitt type hood scoop!

·
Registered
2 Posts
TheCat033 said:
As mentioned above, there is a new blower kit on the market from Tork Tech Inc. and they also offer a manifold with inter cooler to which you can adapt a 03-04 Cobra blower. It has a flat top plate to which you can bolt any blower. (with some engineering) It's an extremely well designed kit, that uses the Magnuson/Eaton Gen 5 blower (1.8L) that is making 400-408 average at about 9 pounds. 390 torque. Because of the inlet design, throttle body, CAI etc. it is out powering the KB 2.1 by about 40 horse. Go non-inter cooled and it makes around 340-350 for about $3700.00.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts