Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I get passed on a side street by a Saleen.. No big deal, so I pull into a left turn lane with the guy in front of me the light turns green and he tromps on it.. Not to be taken lightly and assuming that he would stay in front of me I punch the bullitt, and to my supprise I stayed right on his rear bumper. I pulled up along side of to him at the next light and he decide not to play. I thought the super charger was supposed to make the Saleens 0-60 better than the Bullitt? what gives!..

Oh yes, I bet he thought that I had a blower in the bullitt, but it is bone stock! He seemed embarrassed though!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
N/A Saleens only run about 285 hp or so. The difference is not that much!!!

A friend of mine has a 281 Saleen and I've beaten him twice while he sports a Bassani X and borla exhaust. Don't forget about driver too!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I met a guy that has a 1995 Saleen with a SCed 351.He said he was running around 500 HP.He did get on it at about 30 mph and cooked the tires,so he is running more than my Bullitt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt0399 on 2002-03-16 07:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
724 Posts
The S281 comes in 2 flavors or 3 really - One is suspension, exterior enhancements - the next is the same with a SC and the 3rd the new E for extreme, that replaced the S351 - of course this is just touching it briefly - Los - you're buddy obviously doesn't have a SC, because there is no way you're hangin' with him, if he did.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Saw a Saleen in the grocery store parking lot and waved at him. The guy must have been sitting on a corn cob 'cause he just flipped his nose up and drove off. Guess he is too good for us mere mortals that drive Bullitt GTs. Oh well......

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was driving through town the other night. I saw a silver Saleen up ahead and pulled up next to him at the light. Guess what! It was a full Saleen body kit on a V6 coupe. It had the stock V6 wheels and the single exhaust tip! But he did beat me.....I was too busy laughing to see the light turn green :lol: :lol: :lol: :-B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt0093 on 2002-03-18 12:31 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts