Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this in email today. Please reply directly to Mike Deacon if interested.

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.imboc.com/main from:
Mike Deacon <[email protected]>

Hi guys, I am a New Zealand journalist who is travelling to San Francisco on July
16. I want to write a feature re-tracing the famous Mustang car chase taken by Steve
McQueen in Bullitt. Could a member of your club meet me for a couple of hours in a
Mustang as near to the one Steve drove as possible? I can guarantee a good picture
feature spread. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

</pre>

·
Registered
873 Posts
Come on Mike(1968Medic) wake up....it's almost 8am your time. You don't want to miss out on a chance for some more magazine coverage. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
I am awake. Just finishing a 72hr. shift!!! I will contact him ASAP!!
Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well havn't heard from him as of yet. I don't know, it would be a pretty expencive trip for me. 600+ mile round trip. You all know what happened to last time I tried to drive to SF.
No if I did go, I would probably cheat and tow it there. Cheaper then paying to drive this gas hog that far.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
DO IT Mike! Maybe a friend has a trailer you can borrow to trailer it there? Rent one? You would do us all proud. :cool:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Man you HAVE to go for it. GO MAN GO !!!!!!! Tow it push it pull it but GO !!!!!!!!! :bigguns:

·
Registered
41 Posts
:eek: you have to be kidding right? That kind of PR for your car would be awesome (plus I know you would love the chance to show it off...again)! I'm sure you know someone with a trailer you could borrow. I don't think you're cheating, just being $$smart! JUST DO IT :lol:

·
Registered
873 Posts
1968medic said:
I don't know, it would be a pretty expencive trip for me. 600+ mile round trip. You all know what happened to last time I tried to drive to SF.
No if I did go, I would probably cheat and tow it there. Cheaper then paying to drive this gas hog that far.

:confused: You are joking right? Man I would do whatever it takes to get my car there. If this guy wanted a red '67 I would make the trip from Tulsa.

Your trip has gotta be cheaper than the 2800 mile round trip I just made to pick up 1094.

Plus you used lock-tite, so you don't have to worry about that.

Trailer it there, no shame it that.

Do I need to come down there and slap some sense into you? :toocool:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
BullittMakesThree said:
:confused: You are joking right? Man I would do whatever it takes to get my car there. If this guy wanted a red '67 I would make the trip from Tulsa.

Your trip has gotta be cheaper than the 2800 mile round trip I just made to pick up 1094.

Plus you used lock-tite, so you don't have to worry about that.

Trailer it there, no shame it that.

Do I need to come down there and slap some sense into you? :toocool:
Do you want some help?

·
Registered
816 Posts
You are all missing the key part!!
I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK!! I e-mailed him and privided my cell number in the mail. Pics of the car.
STILL!!! No Ringy Dingy!!
Money is an issue but I made it to the Nats. If this guy gets a hold of me BEFORE the 16th it can probably happen.
I do have a buddy with a trailer. If I had to I would rent a truck to tow it. I can make it up there and back all in one day.
He still has to get a hold of me!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have been shut down!!

Michael finally returned my e-mail.

""Hi Mike, sorry I 've been off for a day. Thanks for the pics. They look great. I will try to find someone a little closer to San Fran. Asking you to drive 300 miles seems a pretty big ask (although I've no doubt you could do it in record time!). But please stay in touch. If all else fails I may have to come back to you. Cheers, Mike""

I guess he isn't look'en for the BEST 68' after all :)
Oh well!! " If all else fails I may have to come back to you. Cheers."
I may not be able to go if he waits too long!! Cheers!

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update. He hasn't been able to find anyone closer...

"HELP!!! I wrote to you about three weeks ago seeking a Mustang guy to spend a couple of hours with me in San Fran so that I can complete a feature on retracing Steve McQueen's famous car chase from the Bullitt movie. Despite lots of promises its all falling apart. Anthony has been helpful, but he has just left for Europe. He promised to put me in touch with Raphael and Scott. who run a Mustang and Dodge, but he did not forward their email addresses. One guy, Mike Rhoades, was interested, but he has to drive 300 miles to the shoot, which seems a big ask. Surely there is someone in the club that wants to take part. Pictures and story guaranteed. I am in San Fran the afternoon of July 16, all day July 17 and the morning of July 18. Please, please help. I have less than a week before I leave NZ "

·
Registered
816 Posts
I will see what I can do.

I am going to court on Thursday the 12th. This will be the major court date for the divorce and custody situation I am currently in. I have no idea if we are going to resolve anything or everything that day. We may have more court days to come. I will need to be available and cannot commit to anything until I know more after the 12th.

I will look for a truck and trailer and get them penciled in just in case I can go. I do not think they are offering compensating for any costs. Maybe the fuel?? But nothing has been offered. That will cost me about 200-300 easy for the round trip. I have no idea on what "magazine" article he is shooting for. It may be sold thru out the world or for the local township of 350. We have no information what the deal is. I would love to do this but I don't have much to work with. I will keep you all informed if this dude gives me more to work with.

·
Registered
816 Posts
His dates are the best for me too. If I can possibly go. That date schedule is what could work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts