Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on what I have planned for Saturday?

I'm adding Steeda lca's (like these because of the weight reduction), Steeda pulleys (due to the built-in balancer) and an aluminum drive shaft.

I'm trying to build an all-around street car and already have the Bassani-x, Superchip, and MAC CAI.

·
Registered
762 Posts
rsom1, I have exactly those parts on my car already that you are planning to install this weekend. I can say with great certainty that you will be well pleased with the results of your installation. If you can swing it I would recommend the Steeda subframe connectors and some stainless steel brake lines too. I have been road testing my car since I had everything put on and I can say the driveline is smoother and the handling is tight. For example, I had to do an emergency lane change at a very high rate of speed last night while checking things out (my heart is still pounding just thinking of it) and the car moved like a slot car and saved me from disaster. Also I hit a small rise in the road and caught enough air to make the TC light come on but the car remained stable and true. I didn't notice if you changed your springs but I did (Eibach sportlines) and with the nittos on the ride is firm but not harsh as it was when I still had the Goodyears on. Anyway good luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-15 15:05, roushraven99 wrote:
rsom1, I have exactly those parts on my car already that you are planning to install this weekend. I can say with great certainty that you will be well pleased with the results of your installation. If you can swing it I would recommend the Steeda subframe connectors and some stainless steel brake lines too. I have been road testing my car since I had everything put on and I can say the driveline is smoother and the handling is tight. For example, I had to do an emergency lane change at a very high rate of speed last night while checking things out (my heart is still pounding just thinking of it) and the car moved like a slot car and saved me from disaster. Also I hit a small rise in the road and caught enough air to make the TC light come on but the car remained stable and true. I didn't notice if you changed your springs but I did (Eibach sportlines) and with the nittos on the ride is firm but not harsh as it was when I still had the Goodyears on. Anyway good luck.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Roushraven,

I looked at your profile and either the military is paying much better these days or you have another source of income. I can't believe the stable of vehicles you have. The fact that you have money to spend on all of them amazes me. I think I'll have to marry rich.:smile:

Yes I'm jealous!!

Eric

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Mid Life, any dealer or shop that handles/distributes Ford Racing Parts!! or order it direct from Ford Racing

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AMP here in Phoenix carries the FRPP driveshaft and they will be doing the install.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roushraven,

what is the front spring rating on the sportlines, and what are the stock fronts rated at?

·
Registered
762 Posts
"208" military and good pay?? Are you serious, that goes together like oil and water. "rsom1" I will get back to you on the spring rates I wrote them down somewhere but can't find them at the moment and I don't want to mistate them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks roush, as soon as you've got time...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-15 15:05, roushraven99 wrote:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Very nice set-up....Sounds like you have a great handling ride there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
rsom1 here is the spring rate information you wanted on the Sportlines. Front progressive 456 to 507 lbs and rear 149 to 296 lbs. I got this information directly from Eibach who were very reluctant to share it with me. As for the stock rates, I can't find the link but I think Art Hyde stated them in a q&a that was posted on Stangnet several months ago. Hope the info helps you out, in any case the Sportlines are great for my purposes.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The stock rates are 600 front and 250 rear. Sounds like the Sportlines are a bit soft on the front. Probably fine for the street though. The variable rate on the rears starting lower will help with traction though.

Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys. I'm really confused by what to do now. I want the car lower, but going w/ a softer spring doesn't make sense, especially on a lower car.

I guess I'll have to research this one a little more.

·
Registered
762 Posts
rsom1 when I researched this issue I went directly to the source ie Eibach. Reason, they have contracts for several aftermarket tuners so basically it kind of all starts with them. What they told me was that the sportlines and all their springs for that matter are for visual enhancement, and better control of the car over stock. They have a completely separate line for competition and road racing and in fact do not recommend their kits normally seen advertised for racing at all. If you are looking for better control verses stock in street applications only then the Eibachs will work fine for you. If on the other hand you want to road rally and do other competition track events then call them direct and they can recommend a suitable set up based on your needs. Alternately, you can call Steeda, Roush, or (I believe) Saleen also and buy their springs because they contract with Eibach to make them of a specific rate. The best all around in my opinion are the Roush springs and suspension however Steeda offers more choices so that you can more easily tailor their parts to your specific application.
Finally, I believe the parts you initially mentioned compliment the Bullitt very well. Based on my first hand experience that set up at least equals my stock Roush set-up. Hope this helps. Arthur

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roushraven99 on 2001-08-17 17:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once again Roush, you have been more than helpful. I guess I'll have to figue out exactly what I want before I mess with the springs. I don't really plan on a lot of track time for ole 74, but I don't want to go to a softer spring either.

Thanks again for all the input guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts