Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the Bullitt over to a Ford dealer in a small town near Tallahassee yesterday and they had a GT500 in the showroom. It was Tungesten with satin silver stripes and a black interior. Beautiful car. Sticker was $44K with a $15K add on for a total of $59K. An add on equal to the price of my Bullitt. Wow!! Who is buying these cars? I also have a friend who saw the Shelby GT at the Ford dealer here in Tallahassee. He said he did not like the look of the hood scoop. The price was $35K with an add on that made it come out to $44K. Now I am wondering what they will add on to the Bullitt if indeed it is actually produced.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I drove the Bullitt over to a Ford dealer in a small town near Tallahassee yesterday and they had a GT500 in the showroom. It was Tungesten with satin silver stripes and a black interior. Beautiful car. Sticker was $44K with a $15K add on for a total of $59K. An add on equal to the price of my Bullitt. Wow!! Who is buying these cars? I also have a friend who saw the Shelby GT at the Ford dealer here in Tallahassee. He said he did not like the look of the hood scoop. The price was $35K with an add on that made it come out to $44K. Now I am wondering what they will add on to the Bullitt if indeed it is actually produced.
Who is buying these super inflated Mustangs? Why all the boomers who have recieved their AARP "Baby Boomer Bonus Checks"! We are supposed to have all this sudden wealth,you know! Mine is in the mail!

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Mus408 said:
Who is buying these super inflated Mustangs? Why all the boomers who have recieved their AARP "Baby Boomer Bonus Checks"! We are supposed to have all this sudden wealth,you know! Mine is in the mail!
Bull$hit.

I just turned 40 two days ago and I bust my a$$ at least six days a week. How does anyone know that 90% of these buyers aren't gearheads like me that just have a passion for Mustangs? Or remember when big block Shelby's and Z-28's were cruising around the streets? Today I'd love to own a 65 GT350 but I'd have to live in it because I'd have to sell my house to get it. 07GT500 was/is the next best thing imo that I can afford.

Sorry for the rant guys but after all this time the stereotyping and bs hasn't stopped. As Steve would say... "You work your side of the street and I'll work mine"

I was raised to believe that if you want something go get it, don't wait for it to be given to you, you'll be waiting a long time

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Bull$hit.

I just turned 40 two days ago and I bust my a$$ at least six days a week. How does anyone know that 90% of these buyers aren't gearheads like me that just have a passion for Mustangs? Or remember when big block Shelby's and Z-28's were cruising around the streets? Today I'd love to own a 65 GT350 but I'd have to live in it because I'd have to sell my house to get it. 07GT500 was/is the next best thing imo that I can afford.

Sorry for the rant guys but after all this time the stereotyping and bs hasn't stopped. As Steve would say... "You work your side of the street and I'll work mine"

I was raised to believe that if you want something go get it, don't wait for it to be given to you, you'll be waiting a long time
Cool down,Paul.... Can't you read the laughter in it? I just turned 53 today. I haven't had a full weekend,I could count on,in 30 years,work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week. I just get tired of always hearing and reading in the media,how well off the 50 somethings are supposed to be.
I will never afford the new higher performance Detroit hot rods,so I try and build my own,to try and keep up. The work is sometimes a PIA,but I get satisfaction of a job done well and know why and how it works.
But since you are located North of the border,I guess that's out of the AARP's juristiction!....j/k

Now get back to work,so you get buy that new GT 500KR!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Paul is too old to be a baby boomer!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Olivia and I have had this discussion several tmes over the Hertz car if we get the chance to buy it. The price may be higher than we want but will probably be the the best price we will see on the car. I have already checked with some of the classic car financing companies to see about any special loans and found at least one who will finance anything with the Shelby name on it for up to 12 years. That may be a possibility for us. Even though that is a long loan it isn't that bad since we are planning on keeping the car for Mikey when he gets older.
I guess it comes down to the point if you want something bad enough you will find a way to get it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sorry guys, but

kaylan1521 said:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appslist/details/cardetails.asp?In_AuctionID=222&In_LotNumber=427

This one sold for $93,500.00

I love it, mine will just keep going up in value
Barrett Jackson is the club house for meetings of the "More Money Than Brains" Club.

BJ makes 8% off the seller and 8% off the buyer and is absolutely the only the only one coming out ahead in those transactions. I'd say over half the people bidding on those car couldn't find the hood latch on the car they're bidding on. It's just a status thing to them. "Look how much I can toss in the wind". They've single handedly driven the price of muscle cars beyond the reach of the average car enthusiast. I guess I just don't get it. Spend 50,000 and up for a frame off, then sell it to a "car guy" who's going to cover it up in the corner of some garage and there it sits. Oh well, at least you know what I think of buying and selling used cars in Arizona. Too much sun.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
10% buyers fee. You would be surprised at how much these people know about cars. Have you ever watched the cars they bid on? And another thought I have, it is their money to spend as they want, and some of them are very charitable in their spending. More power to those make and spend their money the way they see fit.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
rblack4405 said:
10% buyers fee. You would be surprised at how much these people know about cars. Have you ever watched the cars they bid on? And another thought I have, it is their money to spend as they want, and some of them are very charitable in their spending. More power to those make and spend their money the way they see fit.
We just be a little bit jealous. Perfectly normal!

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
I'd count on an ADM on the new Bullitt.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
DragonBullitt said:
I'd count on an ADM on the new Bullitt.
Depends. 310HP rebadged California Special Bullitt (no offense Joyce) probably not. A bump in HP and other goodies good chance. Like I said only 3 months after they came out, Shelby GT ADMs are falling. If its hyped for example at Barrett Jackson there will be in the short term. I can see it now, January 2008, Chad McQueen pulls up on stage with 08 Bullitt #1 to be auctioned for charity.......

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
There are 83 2007 Shelbys on ebay right now and the bids are clearly lower especially for the Shelby GT.

Yes, there may be some McQueen and Barrett-Jackson hype for the Bullitt but hold tight. Don't buy early. By the time the Bullitt hits the showrooms both Shelbys will have no ADM. And before there is any good driving weather in the northern states, 08 Bullitts will be selling for MSRP or maybe even a little less.

After the hype fades, the Bullitt with its 310 horsepower will be seen by many as a glorified green GT. So if you really want one, wait till the end of March to order and that end-of-the-month crunch will likely get you a Bullitt for less than MSRP.

Who knows what inside information will be circulating in March of 08? The Boss? The Mach 1? Both with considerably more HP than the Bullitt! The Camaro and Challenger will be getting closer to their showrooms too.

Of course we'll wait and see but I think time will tell that those who are patient will have the oportunity to buy a new 08 Bullitt at MSRP or below.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Mus408 said:
Cool down,Paul.... Can't you read the laughter in it? I just turned 53 today. I haven't had a full weekend,I could count on,in 30 years,work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week. I just get tired of always hearing and reading in the media,how well off the 50 somethings are supposed to be.
I will never afford the new higher performance Detroit hot rods,so I try and build my own,to try and keep up. The work is sometimes a PIA,but I get satisfaction of a job done well and know why and how it works.
But since you are located North of the border,I guess that's out of the AARP's juristiction!....j/k

Now get back to work,so you get buy that new GT 500KR!
Cooled down, bad day at the office yesterday, and yes I mean office. Spent all day doing paperwork. Sorry for snapping.

Being a true gearhead I just hate getting grouped in with the "flavour of the month" gang that buys muscle cars just to tell the buddies on the golf course they have one. I know they're out there and most probably couldn't do a burnout to save their souls ........ but that's a small percentage of the GT500 owners I know. The ones I know are already swapping blowers and stuff and a few are currently over 700rwhp.

For the record I was planning on building a 9 second Fox or Bullitt and my wife was the one who talked me out of it. Stroked 351 with a two stage or a setup like Brians TT. Her argument was that other than the track it would be locked up in the garage and what's the point of that. Since she occasionally has a say I gave up the track car and went back to the Shelby deal.

Once again, sorry for snapping.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Sounds like you made the right decision on the GT500. A track only car can get old after awhile. My 85 LX spent some time as a track only car,and I got tired of towing it around on a trailer,only to spend more time sitting in the staging lanes than driving it.
If it's warmed up,up there,take that GT 500 out for a nice country drive. Does wonders for a hard day at work!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts