Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it yesterday while going to the store to do some last minute shopping. It looked as if it was lowered a bit. It had the same looking exhaust and had the same fuel door. It did not have the Bullitt tag on the back but it looked like a Bullitt except for one major detail: IT WAS RED!!!!!!!!! I mean, come on, at least get the color right if you want to have a fake Bullitt.

Anyone else seen a fake bullitt?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I saw a yellow one with a Bullitt emblem, gas door, wheels and side scoops last summer in Idaho.

It didn't look that bad except it was a V-6. :lol:

·
Banned
975 Posts
I saw a Good Copy of a Bullitt in St. Louis last week. Black Coupe ,No Wing ,Fuel Door,Wheels and Tires & Red Cobra Brakes. It was my Daughters V-6. She will show in Mustang shows next year in the modified class.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Funny some of you complain about this yet one of your own is propitiating the problem. Talk about hypocrisy.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Heck what u gonna do! All I know is I have the real deal and went i sit my A** in the seat that is what i know! So if they want to make a copy Then I guess I must be driving one fine machine ! Thanx Havgun #1676
PS: Besides I have the documentation to prove it and my question is DO THEY???

·
Premium Member
18,832 Posts
What?

·
Banned
975 Posts
I am not trying to PROVE anything with my Daughters Mustang. If I could I would have bought her a Real Bullitt but with College prices as they are at this time the V-6 was a real buy on the X plan. I feel that I have earned the right to spend my Military Retirement and Social Security Check any way that my Family needs. Thats my 2 Cents, Thank You.
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-12-26 11:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-25 23:15, CBASS wrote:
Funny some of you complain about this yet one of your own is propitiating the problem. Talk about hypocrisy.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

How can adding a few mods to his daughter's car be considered "propitiating the problem"?

I think what mb4875 is doing for his daughter is very cool. :cool:

It's a V-6 not a GT so in no way does it detract from the Bullitt's value!

I'm offended by people who clone any car strictly for deception and personal monetary gain. :evil:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-26 12:39 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
'hypocrisy' - 1.The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that that one does NOT hold or possess. insincerity

now how in the hell is he a hypocrite? he helped his daughter make a cooler V-6 Mustang. it doesn't bother me nor does it affect my vehicle in ANY way! where are you coming from on this one?
posers who try to lie to us and others ,...yeah that bothers me a little cuz why does anyone need to be a bragart or lie to others? especially about a car for cryin' out loud!
i know 4875 and he has no interest in making his car OR his daughter's out to be anything other than what it is!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Get over the judgemental c**p. Anyone who enjoys Mustangs knows it's the feeling you get when you turn the key, and get down the road. My son has a modified 66 with a 289 4 barrell, 4 speed, and pony interior. Most of it's not stock by the build sheet, but do you think he cares? Paint looks awful, it has drum brakes that pull like crazy (for now), but there ain't no way to wipe the smile off that 16 year old's face. I'll bet his daughter is the same way. ENJOY!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
He didn't say his daughter's car was outfitted with the Bullitt Badge, just some performance pieces. Big difference.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My '00 GT convertible was Tropic Green (the darkest green available that year) and I painted my brake calipers red. If I deleted the spoiler and added an aluminum fuel door does that make it a Bullitt replica vert?

Unless somebody had the Bullitt logo on the decklid I don't consider it a fake. It's just a nicely modded car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Only reason I say this is to make a point. It sounds like everyone agrees that if a Mustang owner put the Bullitt badge on his car that then it would be seen as forgery. Ok, in that same analogy, if I took my GT emblem off, and put a SVT emblem in its place, would I offend Cobra owners? Probably, but if I made my GT to look like a Cobra, frontend, hood, wheels, brakes, emblems, etc., 99% of the driving public would see it as that. So, if someone makes there car look like a Bullitt, but doesn't put the badge on it, 99% of the driving public would think it was a Bullitt based on what the magazine pictures show them. To me, it is very black and white.... no grey. Guys who put performance items on, or a few cosmetic things are not copying a Bullitt. People who make their car look like one on the outside without the Bullitt badge, but have every other exterior apperance item are just as big of copy cats as the people who put Bullitt badges on their Mustang. Because the guy in his Camaro or TA will assume it is a Bullitt and will want to race. Or the guy at the gas station who thinks it is a Bullitt will want to look at it, only to be dissapointed and disgusted that it is a fake..... regardless of a badge or not.
No offense to any one, just the way I see it.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-27 00:07, CBASS wrote:
Because the guy in his Camaro or TA will assume it is a Bullitt and will want to race. Or the guy at the gas station who thinks it is a Bullitt will want to look at it, only to be dissapointed and disgusted that it is a fake..... regardless of a badge or not.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Personally, I could really care less what Mr. Camaro or Trans-Am thinks. Like I said before, my only issue is with some clown who bolts on a bunch of Bullitt gear with the sole intention of deception for personal monetary gain. The true enthusiast will know the difference, anyway. :smile:

·
Registered
302 Posts
mb4875 Hey it's your dollar spend as you see fit. I'm sure insurance is a tad easier on the wallet in a V6 than a Bullitt. I thought awhile back about taking a Mustang V6 lowering it, putting on better brakes, then throwing a turbo on the motor but I'm not sure if the motor can handle it. The reason for doing this is to better balance the car and still get some pop. Just a thought.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I agree with Bob and Karl. As long as they aren't buying the parts and trying to pass the car off as a real Bullitt (read: sell it as a Bullitt), I say let them do it. I know if I had bought a regular GT (was originally looking for a Mineral Grey GT vert., 5 spd) I probably would've made a few Bullitt mods myself (well, no "BULLITT" logo stuff...)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I have no problem with someone imitating a Bullitt for the purpose of making their Mustang look good (I see it as a compliment and it makes me like my Bullitt so much more). But, I can't stand someone who would do it and try to pass it off as an original and try to sell it as if it were an original or talk about it as if it were an original. But, luckily that is impossible, so they say.

·
Registered
694 Posts
My opinion is that the guy (or his daughter) bought and paid for the car and if they decide to put EVERY Bullitt part on the car.... then go ahead. As the owner of the car, they have that right. Sure, someone may buy it some day thinking it is a real Bullitt, but that can't be helped down the road. This particular guy is not trying to fool anyone..... just trying to make her car look better. So as the saying goes "Don't worry.... Be Happy!"

'01 Bullitt #01737 DHG
'01 Ford Escape Red
'68 Mustang Hardtop Gold

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bulittt on 2001-12-27 22:36 ]</font>

·
Banned
975 Posts
Well one less fake Bullitt. My daughters Black V-6 Coupe was totaled last saturday in the early am.Thank God that she is fine now. I have not seen the Mustang as I have spent the past few days with her.I would like to thank the members of this club that I did contact for their kind words. If you need details P.M. mb 4875 as I am out of town but access to a computer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2002-07-10 19:57 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 29 Posts