Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my first GT500KR today at a local dealer, it was in the showroom and had an ADM of a whopping $20000 bringing it to a $100,000 grand total! Silver with blue stripes and black interior. Aside from the insulting price it was quite a car but I did find it funny that a $100,000 car has the same seats as our Bullitts, boy did we get a bargain! I sat on the seats smelled the new car smell and I admired the guages and the 6 speed Hurst stick. The instr. cluster is nice. I also remember to check out the GT500s mufflers I am dying to buy for 3158. All in all if I were a rich man I would buy me one LOL but the beer budjet wont do it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was checking them out today on Fleebay and you can buy them for $79000 so I guess this dealers extra 40 hp is worth the extra $50000!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
BUWITT 3158 said:
I was checking them out today on Fleebay and you can buy them for $79000 so I guess this dealers extra 40 hp is worth the extra $50000!
That's what I was going to say. There seems to be a few left for sale too.

the upcoming 2010 GT500 will almost match the KR

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
And then the Stealers run around crying..."Hey we need people to buy our cars"!!
We have a local dealer with two KR's sitting roped off in the showroom. You don't dare try to sit in those,unless you are buying. And they have a $40,000 dollar ADM!!
But,2 miles down the same highway,is the Chevy dealer,with four 2009 Z-06 Vettes,sitting in the weather,with a $10,000 dollar mark DOWN, which brings them in the $70,000 area!
Wonder which dealer is still smoking crack?

·
Registered
419 Posts
A local B-Head told me last week there was one sitting in a showroom here in Houston for $125 :shock:

These guys must have lost their mind.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's no different than the dealers who were trying to sell there 05-06 Ford GT's for $100K over sticker. The sorts of people with that kind of money to spend didn't get that way by being wasteful and stupid with it.

K

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In this economy anything that isn't discounted really isn't for sale! The salesman that showed me the car said that they would most likely take $5000 ADM and that someone had offered $85000 for thiers. He was pleasent but full of ?hit. I told him I had checked Fllebay and found them with more options for $79000 Buy It Now!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mus408 said:
Eveyone that sees this should take a pic,and send it to Washington,before the next round of "Gimme" money!!!! I'd like to see the explanation!
ADM doesn't have anything to do with the manufacturers, it's all the dealers. It really isn't that surprising, their margins have been slashed, volume is way down. They need to make money any way that they can just to keep the doors open. If they think they have a chance with a limited run car, they'll take it.

K

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's worth a try I guess but these days any one with that kind of money isn't stubid! Educated consumers!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Time to do away with the whole dealership buying expierence completely.
Just place your automotive order,thru a Manufacturer website,no hassel with getting the DEAL.
Dealerships would turn into Vehicle Delivery/Service centers.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Mus408 said:
And then the Stealers run around crying..."Hey we need people to buy our cars"!!
We have a local dealer with two KR's sitting roped off in the showroom. You don't dare try to sit in those,unless you are buying. And they have a $40,000 dollar ADM!!
But,2 miles down the same highway,is the Chevy dealer,with four 2009 Z-06 Vettes,sitting in the weather,with a $10,000 dollar mark DOWN, which brings them in the $70,000 area!
Wonder which dealer is still smoking crack?
Screw the Z06, ZR-1 all the way! :tongue:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mus408 said:
Time to do away with the whole dealership buying expierence completely.
Just place your automotive order,thru a Manufacturer website,no hassel with getting the DEAL.
Dealerships would turn into Vehicle Delivery/Service centers.
We are in total agreement there. Order your new cars from Ford, GM, etc. They deliver to you, or to a local hub. These hubs are licensed to do service, warranty and recall work. Their sales arms can focus on used vehicles. Really, if you're buying a new car, what can a dealer possibly tell you that you can't learn for yourself online in about ten minutes?

K

·
Registered
139 Posts
Please overhaul the dealers to save the company

Kempesh said:
We are in total agreement there. Order your new cars from Ford, GM, etc. They deliver to you, or to a local hub. These hubs are licensed to do service, warranty and recall work. Their sales arms can focus on used vehicles. Really, if you're buying a new car, what can a dealer possibly tell you that you can't learn for yourself online in about ten minutes?

K
YES YES YES
The dealership I bought my car from was a bunch of total STOOGES!
I ended up giving them a $1,000 ADM, (I was one of the first guys to own a BULLITT in the country)
I wrote FORD a letter stating that I was not impressed with their sales, especially since the dealer did not honor the X-plan (my whole family works for FORD up in Michigan) and I was only person in their dealership trying to buy a car.

All I can say is if I could do it over, I would not choose Miller Ford in Mt. Holly NJ. The dealers here in MD are much nicer, like Bob Bell and Academy Ford.

All that aside the 2010 GT500 is gonna be amazing, and I wouldn't mind taking one of the 2008/9 GT500KR(s) away from the dealers at a deep discount price!
(ps what happens to cars that don't sell?)
Chris
:dhg08:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yup, the 2010 GT500 is hot. The regular GT is just gross though. They didn't even paint the rear bumper! Who the hell would buy a car like that!?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.