Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the car I really want!!!!!!!!!

I went by the Ford dealer in my home town (small town in Missouri) this past weekend, walked in and saw a vista blue, black interior, GT 500, on the showroom floor. I could buy it for $5000 over sticker which made it right at 52K. This is the car I really want. All I need is to sell my two Mustangs, which may be difficult, and come up with the difference. I think the difference would still be substantial. Just wondering what you all think about the $52K price. It is less expensive that the one they have at a nearby Ford dealership for 55K. It is red.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
way to much money for a mustang

I wouldn't go over 30k for a any Mustang personally

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I love Fords.:smile: And I love to drive Mustangs, Capris and the like.:smile: But I'm gonna fall on the same side of the fence as Ezekial. Not a dime over $30K for any Mustang.:surprised And that's about twice as much as I spent on my wife's car, three times what I spent on my son's and more than 40% more than the Bullitt in my drive. Even if I won this weeks Lotto or Pick Five, and I don't care whose name is on it.:neutral:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
One of my club members just bought a Vista Blue / White striped GT500. Very nice car. But, I'm going to agree with the other two posters above me. No way I would pay that much for a newer model Mustang.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I definitely wouldn't pay over sticker for ANY car, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do understand about folks not wanting to pay over 30K but not willing to pay over 30K automatically takes you out of the possibility of buying a new Bullitt. For me personally, if I had the bucks I would get the GT 500 but truth is I am thinking I can't even swing getting the new Bullitt provided that I can sell both my existing Mustangs which are now for sale.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
If you could swing for the GT500 I would do it in a hoofbeat. If there is a performance Mustang out there that is worth the money it is a GT500. 5 over is good.

·
3,389 Posts
I agree with Perry in that I wouldn't pay over the sticker price, unless I was a collector and it was vintage and blah blah blah...
But look at what you're getting! You all by now know what kind of car the GT500 is, but did you also know that it is now considered to be an exotic car? It is now recognized by the exotic car club (or whatever they call themselves) as one of them! Where are you gonna find an exotic for that kind of money?

Integrity Check
Hey Ezekial, there's a brand new 1967 Shelby GT with 10 miles on the clock found in some old man's collection...... going for $32K.... Would you buy it? Careful how you answer this, it's a Mustang, and it's over $30K.....:badgrin:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
rblack4405 said:
If you could swing for the GT500 I would do it in a hoofbeat. If there is a performance Mustang out there that is worth the money it is a GT500. 5 over is good.
IMO, the GT500 is far from worth the money. A low mileage 03/04 could be purchased for half the cost and could be built to run circles around the GT500 for only a few thousand more in mods. Maybe it's just me, but the GT500 just doesn't impress me at all.

·
Administrator
6,222 Posts
54deuce said:
You should sell the 98 and get a 04 cobra.
Ditto! I'd hang on to that '01 Bullitt!!

If you could get the GT500 at MSRP, I think the savings would warrant the purchase because then you would have some $$ for potential aftermarket enhancements to increase performance.

I do like them a lot.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I would do it in a heart beat, if you could swing it!!!! I personally believe it it worth it.

Terry you can't touch a 67 GT 500 for $32000.00 maybe add $100,000 to that figure and it is still just a Mustang

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHh !!!!!!!!! Vista blue gt500, my favorite color but I would not go over window sticker. try to deal um down to it. :bigguns:
Or like said above get an 03/04 cobra, that would be my next choice.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
DHGBULLITT said:
AHHHHHHHHHHh !!!!!!!!! Vista blue gt500, my favorite color but I would not go over window sticker. try to deal um down to it. :bigguns:
Or like said above get an 03/04 cobra, that would be my next choice.

My favorite color tooo!!:D

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
That's the color of my GT. I say if you really want it, go for it if you can really afford it. I repeat - if you can afford it. You only live once. If you'll get yourself so far in the hole finanacially you can't get out, forget it. Either wait and buy a used one or buy a different Mustang. You have to take my advice with a grain of salt. I bet I've wasted more money on cars and motorcycles than anyone else in this club.

·
3,389 Posts
Jimmy Ray said:
I would do it in a heart beat, if you could swing it!!!! I personally believe it it worth it.

Terry you can't touch a 67 GT 500 for $32000.00 maybe add $100,000 to that figure and it is still just a Mustang
I know! But that's where the intigrety check comes in. He said he'd never pay more than $30K for a Mustang....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, if you want it and can swing it, just do it. I catch more hell for my car passion that I'd like to describe. But to me, it's worth it. No one can understand that. Personally, if I had two cars like yours, I'd keep them, but I'm in a diff. situation as you. It's all up to what you want. GT500 is a great car, but I'll just buy and keep my Bullitt b/c it appeals to be more than the 500. And to those that said they could build a car to beat the 500... that is true FOR ANY CAR YOU BUY! I'm so sick of hearing that. You could build that car, but from a financial standpoint, it would be a wash if you ever had to sell it. No one is going to pay an amount even close to what you want for it (ask some guys on www.allfordmustangs.com). Now with the 500... that market will never die. There will always be someone willing to pay enough for it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Jimmy Ray said:

add another 50000 to it and you will be able to buy a very decent one but probably not even close to the immaculate ones lol. but it would be a very sexy mustang. my dad has one. i gotta figure out a way for him to give it to me in his will as opposed to my brother lol.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts